AminoAcids Effect with Trace elements

zweebe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I explain myself, my tank is running since 10 months by now and I never had any No3 or Po4. At the begining everything was fine but by now it's a bit more complicated.

Since about 2 weeks, I'm dosing trace elements and some acroporas seems to don't really like it, tissues are a bit clear or color shades and some of them has no more PE.

Since one week, I decrease the dose of the trace element but as I'm really low in nutriments, 0 No3 and 0 Po4 do AminoAcids can help corals to get food and is there any effect on Trace elements' assimilation?

What would you recommend me?

Thanks !

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend you raise your nitrate and phosphate a little. Running a ULNS is way more of a hassle than it is worth. How are you adding calcium, alkalinity and magnesium and are you testing for everything you are adding??

OP
OP
zweebe

zweebe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How Can I raise thème? Even if I feed 4 times a day, nothing raise...

I’m using a Dastaco reactor for Calcium and Alkalinity and a Magnesium solution. All the parameters seems good, I mean 420 Ca, 7,5 Kh, and 1380 Mg.

I didn’t test trace elements since I add them as I don’t trust classic Test for Iron, Iodine, etc.. I would send an ICP test to check all the chemical environment

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you did want to raise NO3 and PO4 you could try reducing any nutrient export before dosing those things directly. Adjust skimmer or reduce how long it runs, reduce refugium/ATS photoperiod, reduce or stop carbon dosing, etc. For whichever methods you are using. Make sense? Just monitor everything closely and make any changes gradually.

OP
OP
zweebe

zweebe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use any carbon dosing and no others things except a small refugium with some algaes but this it not big.

I guess I would reduce Skimmer period and photoperiod but I don't know photoperiod can change that, is it true?

How would you reduce skimmer period? I mean, should I stop during 1h every 2h or..?

Thanks !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back