Amphipod problem

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an amphipod problem. I have currently in my tank a 2 yellow watchman gobies, 1 clownfish 1 fire shrimp, 3 margarita snails, 2 nassarius, 2 trochus, 1 fighting conch, and a zoa frag. It’s a 32.5 FluvalSmart tank. Amphipods are pretty gnarly and I don’t want to own a mandarin goby because I Heard there hard to take care of, any other fish I could get to take care of them??

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an amphipod problem. I have currently in my tank a 2 yellow watchman gobies, 1 clownfish 1 fire shrimp, 3 margarita snails, 2 nassarius, 2 trochus, 1 fighting conch, and a zoa frag. It’s a 32.5 FluvalSmart tank. Amphipods are pretty gnarly and I don’t want to own a mandarin goby because I Heard there hard to take care of, any other fish I could get to take care of them??
10/10 profile picture. I don’t know anything that eats them other than mandarins, there might be but I’m not sure. I’d see if you can buy the mandarin, have it eat the stuff then potentially take the fish back, get your money back. If you can keep copepods the mandarin should be okay. If you can get one to eat pellets (idk) then even better. My LFS would loan a fish potentially if I took it back alive and well.

Upvote 0

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I wouldn't buy a mandarin for that problem, amphipods are usually good clean up crew but if you really want a fish to eat them maybe a pygmy wrasse?

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10/10 profile picture. I don’t know anything that eats them other than mandarins, there might be but I’m not sure. I’d see if you can buy the mandarin, have it eat the stuff then potentially take the fish back, get your money back. If you can keep copepods the mandarin should be okay. If you can get one to eat pellets (idk) then even better. My LFS would loan a fish potentially if I took it back alive and well.
lol, thanks man

Upvote 0

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t wrasses eat snails and some inverts though?
A Pink-Streaked wrasse (Pseudocheilinops ataenia) would be a good option for you. They love to eat amphipods and they're a small, peaceful, reef-safe wrasse that won't touch your cuc.

Upvote 0

seahorsebill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had your problems

Upvote 0

seahorsebill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seahorses

Upvote 0

seahorsebill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seahorses

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back