Amphiprion ocallaris fins disease

kassendr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Has anyone know what may happen with 2 of my amphiprions. Fin of bigger one started becoming white couple days ago and today i realised that smaller one started to have same problem. I thought that they were fighting with some other fishes but now i am not sure

20240423_084351.jpg 20240423_084328.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kassendr Welcome to the Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Forum!

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello,
Has anyone know what may happen with 2 of my amphiprions. Fin of bigger one started becoming white couple days ago and today i realised that smaller one started to have same problem. I thought that they were fighting with some other fishes but now i am not sure

20240423_084351.jpg 20240423_084328.jpg
Fish gas damage and possibly infection at upper dorsal which is either injury or from aggression m/fighting
The side of m
Body shows the same
Suggested is treatment in a separate quarantine setting with seachem kanaplex while maintaining good water quality

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could just be damage from fighting, or the broken skin from that may have allowed an infection to set in - either bacterial of the lymphocystis virus.

OP
OP
K

kassendr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish gas damage and possibly infection at upper dorsal which is either injury or from aggression m/fighting
The side of m
Body shows the same
Suggested is treatment in a separate quarantine setting with seachem kanaplex while maintaining good water quality
Thank you very much. I am not sure if i can find this kanaplex in europe but i will try to find something similar. Once again thank you

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back