Amphiprion omanensis

Shark Wu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very long time never see this species in the market places.
Just saw a local dealer posts yesterday here and went to buy 2 quickly!
IMG_6837.JPG

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I wish those would be common place. Do you have a BTA or a crispa anemone, I've read those are their natural hosts? I hope you will post more pics when they get settled.

OP
OP
Shark Wu

Shark Wu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I wish those would be common place. Do you have a BTA or a crispa anemone, I've read those are their natural hosts? I hope you will post more pics when they get settled.
Thank you very much!!!
Not yet prepare anemones for them,for sure I will do it later!
Will post update soon!!!

OP
OP
Shark Wu

Shark Wu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprise that the aggression is much much lower than I expected for these two.
Extremely peaceful today and only the first night left some bite marks on the little one.I was so worry but lucky they like each other.Very gentle :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I am sure really soon will get an anemone for them!

IMG_7962.JPG

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, these clowns would cost as much as a king ransom. I think the Sutan of Oman keep in chopping collector's head for collecting these fish. I guess not anymore.
Nice pair

OP
OP
Shark Wu

Shark Wu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, these clowns would cost as much as a king ransom. I think the Sutan of Oman keep in chopping collector's head for collecting these fish. I guess not anymore.
Nice pair
Thank you very much!
I used to have this thing back in my FO days like 15 years ago and it's for a while not seeing them in the market here.
I saw there tank breed is successful and commercialize already,maybe it's the reason the price is not that high as before.

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprise that the aggression is much much lower than I expected for these two.
Extremely peaceful today and only the first night left some bite marks on the little one.I was so worry but lucky they like each other.Very gentle :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I am sure really soon will get an anemone for them!

IMG_7962.JPG
I'm definitely envious of those. They are beauties! Enjoy your rare, beautiful find! And, they will look even more amazing in just the right BTA, or H. crispa.

jetaero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! It looks like you received one of the more melanistic pairs. I'm in the US and just received two new Oman pairs last week as well. They're incredibly active & interesting clowns, aren't they?

I was told that Oman has new export policies / laws taking effect as of Jan. 1st, 2024 that block all future clownfish exports -- even non-endemic Oman species like A. clarkii -- so these may be the last few pairs that'll be available for a long time.

Also, if anyone is interested, I know of a US importer that still has a pair available. (PM me for details)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shark Wu

Shark Wu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! It looks like you received one of the more melanistic pairs. I'm in the US and just received two new Oman pairs last week as well. They're incredibly active & interesting clowns, aren't they?

I was told that Oman has new export policies / laws taking effect as of Jan. 1st, 2024 that block all future clownfish exports -- even non-endemic Oman species like A. clarkii -- so these may be the last few pairs that'll be available for a long time.

Also, if anyone is interested, I know of a US importer that still has a pair available. (PM me for details)
Haha!Yes,they show heavy aggressions when I loaded them into the tank.Very big scary sounds they made and circling each others.I pick them ramdenly in the dealer,they were not together there.
Some bite marks left over but looks quite ok now,remain very calm.
It's strange to me as well because they should be very active and noisey species.

It's sad to hear that they will be limited to export...The local fish dealers told me they are going to export the rest of these fishes to somewhere.

OP
OP
Shark Wu

Shark Wu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kept them over a month since late Jan.
They are really strong and I added a LTA for them to play with.
Now they can stay with it and share together without any agressions.
Last month was really tough for them because they got white spot and bacterial infections like cloud eye,getting much better after using Waterlife Octozin and Seachem Kanaplex.
Just take 2 short videos today.

OP
OP
Shark Wu

Shark Wu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are gorgeous!! Keep us posted on how they do! Are you planning to breed?
Thank you very much!I am not a professional breeder and my priority for me should be keep them longer term. I really don't know if they are a true pair or just not fighting each others.Of course it's very lucky for me to get 2 randomly and not showing aggressive for sizes of clownfish like this. Will keep posted!

OP
OP
Shark Wu

Shark Wu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 3 months I keep them.
Since mid Feb.,both of them got very serious ICH and velvet.They were in very bad conditional with reject foods and can't hardly breathing.
I tried to avoid to use cuprion but still took them out of the tank to treat with Seachem ParaGuard(the first 3 days) and Cupramine(then 7 days).
All of them get back to alive,they are really strong.
The bigger one lost its long beautiful tailing and change the shape to round as the pic shows.
I don't know if that means it becomes female or not.But no aggression and they live together peacefully.
Post the latest feeding video:

IMG_8819.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back