Amps Reef Life 180 Gallon in Wall Reef

Juskr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job with the in wall tank build. I am taking notes on what you did as I am looking to do a similar build when I remodel my family room.

OP
OP
Amps Reef Life

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that new Acantho related to your other Acantho in any way?
I've never seen an Acantho like they original one you have..but now you have 2!!

No, not that I know of. I love anthophilia they have a special place in my heart lol. Really sucks with the Indo band they are near impossible to get. I bought this off another collector locally.

Just went page by page for the firs time.... Wow... I love everything you did! Looks amazing and well thought out

Thank you very much! I appreciate that.

Great job with the in wall tank build. I am taking notes on what you did as I am looking to do a similar build when I remodel my family room.

Thank you!!!! :) If you are able to do this for your build I would. This is one thing I wish I had done that would make it much easier for getting into the tank. Have the cabinets above the tank flip up toward the ceiling and not open like a normal kitchen cabinet. That would help so much being able to lean into the tank for maintenance. The doors can get in the way sometimes. I do most of my work from the back side of the tank.

Juskr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!!!! :) If you are able to do this for your build I would. This is one thing I wish I had done that would make it much easier for getting into the tank. Have the cabinets above the tank flip up toward the ceiling and not open like a normal kitchen cabinet. That would help so much being able to lean into the tank for maintenance. The doors can get in the way sometimes. I do most of my work from the back side of the tank.[/QUOTE]

Great tip and in my tentative plans I was planning a flip up access panel to allow access to the front of the tank. Any other tips or things you would have done differently?

OP
OP
Amps Reef Life

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!!!! :) If you are able to do this for your build I would. This is one thing I wish I had done that would make it much easier for getting into the tank. Have the cabinets above the tank flip up toward the ceiling and not open like a normal kitchen cabinet. That would help so much being able to lean into the tank for maintenance. The doors can get in the way sometimes. I do most of my work from the back side of the tank.

Great tip and in my tentative plans I was planning a flip up access panel to allow access to the front of the tank. Any other tips or things you would have done differently?[/QUOTE]

No problem. My room wasn't big enough but I would have had the sump off the side on its own stand. That helps with all the bending over and it's easier to do maintenance on the sump especially when siphoning detris out. I have soft closing cabinets I would highly recommend this. It helps with noise but mainly helps with the thumping of the cabinet closing and disturbing your fish. The room my tank was built into is already apart of the house(My house wasn't a new build). If you are building your house I would add a drain in the room if possible or a window if you are on the outer wall. I have a window so I can drain my water outside that also allows you to run your skimmer line outside to help with PH if ever needed.

That's all I can think of right now.

OP
OP
Amps Reef Life

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you own the aquaticlife hybrid T5 LED fixture please watch out when you are changing out the light bulbs. The hooks that hold the bulb are melting to the bulb itself. I was thinking to myself it wasn't this hard when it set up and then pop! A T5 bulb shatters over my tank. A few tiny glass pieces got in it. I placed a towel over the tank after that. They didn't think this through very well. Be careful aquaticlife owners. I run T5's 6 hours a day. This is right before my bulbs hit one year I am slowly changing them out. Hopefully, Those little pieces of glass won't affect my tank they are so small I can not get them out. I am talking tiny tiny tiny.

I posted some videos about the issue. I love these fixtures other than this issue I just found out about.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is total crap. I just went and looked at my fixtures and maybe they changed them but the clamps that hold my bulbs is made out of metal.

OP
OP
Amps Reef Life

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is total crap. I just went and looked at my fixtures and maybe they changed them but the clamps that hold my bulbs is made out of metal.

I posted this on a few groups I am in on FB and one being the #ASKBRSTV and many people replied that the company heard about the problem and fixed and are sending out fixtures that have clamps made of metal just like you stated. I Bought mine back in December 2017 the fixture was still pretty new then. I sent them an email hopefully they will send me those clamps. I tried to pull off the plastic on mine and I guess after a year of being melted it was near impossible lol. It felt like I was going to break the clamp if I tried any harder.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few hot new pieces I picked up yesterday. I cannot wait to get some solid photos of these with my camera. I couldn't wait to share them so here are Iphone pictures along with two videos.

47293034_322775128308834_660722195265224704_n.jpg
47350866_372661146638670_3781599346986844160_n.jpg
47360991_2226747657569388_2514389243669774336_n.jpg
47444782_2751752341505196_1286299553615577088_n.jpg
Gorgeous. Where did you snag the aussie gold torches?

OP
OP
Amps Reef Life

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they take care of you, as having a fixture you can't change bulbs on is no good.

Thank you I hope so too. Until then I will do my best to work around it and make sure I have a towel down every time I change a bulb lol.

OP
OP
Amps Reef Life

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news! They are taking care of me and sending me new clips for the fixture. Very fast to respond with some tips on how to remove the other bulbs.
48180424_559092384589826_8908703169173782528_n.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back