Amuze's custom 124g

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! EYE CANDY!!! Beautiful reef! loving the twin island rock work and the livestock look great! Congrats on a beautiful tank!

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the tand made out of i love how it is incased in what ever it looks like mold but my guess would be wood.

OP
OP
REEFCRAFT

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More photo whoring...

IMG_4383-1.jpg

IMG_4379-1.jpg

IMG_4361-1.jpg

IMG_4371-1.jpg

IMG_4370-1.jpg

IMG_4367-1.jpg

Purple rim got stung :( Lame.
IMG_4363-1.jpg

IMG_4365-1.jpg

OP
OP
REEFCRAFT

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the tand made out of i love how it is incased in what ever it looks like mold but my guess would be wood.

It's made of wood. A good friend made it for me and talked me into going with the shaker style stand (at least I think that's what it's called). He does great work. Shame I'm going to have to cut the top off soon. Lol.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why? It is all one piece of wood, would you mind giving me a close up next time you have the camera out i wanna see how its made.

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow i love the dims on this tank. was looking to have a 40x30x20 built but out of glass. hows the hight for u with being able to work on the tank

OP
OP
REEFCRAFT

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow i love the dims on this tank. was looking to have a 40x30x20 built but out of glass. hows the hight for u with being able to work on the tank

Thanks. :) The tank height is fine. I prefer it actually over taller tanks. The top of the stand makes things a little difficult for me to reach all the way into the back of the tank, so I have plans to change it soon.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I really like to hear that a tank that looks this nice was setup as a basic reef without lots of equipment that goes over my head. Nice job! One question, do you plan on adding any sandsifters(starfish/etc)?

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank continues to impress me. Its definitely tank of the month material. However looking at this reminds me that I have too many frags on my sand bed.

OP
OP
REEFCRAFT

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I really like to hear that a tank that looks this nice was setup as a basic reef without lots of equipment that goes over my head. Nice job! One question, do you plan on adding any sandsifters(starfish/etc)?

Thanks! I do have a sand sifting goby and a large sand sifting starfish in there along with nass. snails. My sand bed is far too shallow and fine. I've been removing it a little at a time during water changes and have new sand ready to replace as I go. My bulbs are also in need of replacement.

Your tank continues to impress me. Its definitely tank of the month material. However looking at this reminds me that I have too many frags on my sand bed.

Thanks for the kind words! Pass it on to the mods! Lol. :wink: I like stuff on the sand bed, but not too much. I'm sure mine will be cluttered with more lps soon too since I have no room to add anymore sps.

OP
OP
REEFCRAFT

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note, I just found this podcast From Gary Par and Sara B who do the reefthreads website. Their podcasts are very well done and they speak about many important and interesting subjects. They listed my tank as a noteworthy tank in podcast 21 and speak about it at the end of the podcast in the last 5 minutes. The entire podcast is a little over 35 minutes long and is definitely worth listening to the entire cast. They are doing something quite unique in covering the many different aspects of our wonderful hobby. They've also inspired me to do a water change today (a topic they speak about in their podcast). :tongue: Thanks Gary and Sara for the kind words!

I hope it is ok to post the links here.

Podcast
Reef Threads Podcast #21 | Reef Threads

Reefthreads site
Noteworthy Tanks | Reef Threads

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note, I just found this podcast From Gary Par and Sara B who do the reefthreads website. Their podcasts are very well done and they speak about many important and interesting subjects. They listed my tank as a noteworthy tank in podcast 21 and speak about it at the end of the podcast in the last 5 minutes. The entire podcast is a little over 35 minutes long and is definitely worth listening to the entire cast. They are doing something quite unique in covering the many different aspects of our wonderful hobby. They've also inspired me to do a water change today (a topic they speak about in their podcast). :tongue: Thanks Gary and Sara for the kind words!

Podcast

Reefthreads site
very nice. congrats man. :)

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how those lights do compared to what you have run in the past. Love that orange shoulder tang

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Podcast

Reefthreads site

Thanks and you are welcome as you sure have an awesome tank!

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful tank. sweet bright orange fungia. I also like the white stand. dont see that very often

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back