An updated LED light?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I like the Red Sea brand and I like to support Jewish companies. I wanted to provide some suggestions on the ReefLED in hopes that a version 2 will come around!

What I like
- Diode/Lens design (no disco effect, it’s a rare LED light that doesn’t have this to some degree)
- Wide coverage from the lens
- Mounting arm
- Deeply recessed lens with optional glare attachment

Why I don’t use it
-
Far too blue, even with whites at 100% and blues at 50% (clearly for the US market)
- Poor color rendition due to mainly blue diodes (everything appears blue or gray)
- Only available in black housing/mounting arm, no white option (also clearly for the US market)

What I’m using instead
- VolxJapan GrassyCore Reef (also no disco effect, less energy in blue) and metal halide/T5

Are there any plans for a version two that might address some of the above issues? While I know the US is probably the largest market, I believe international sales of the light would improve if the issues above were addressed. This light really is perfect for the Red Seal 200XL system, which is a difficult shape to illuminate with traditional solutions, so I hope to see a V2!

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back