Anacropora question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cwentz758
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Messages
1,357
Reaction score
880
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searched anacropora and read a few articles including one from tidal gardens. What I’m gathering is they enjoy higher flow and stable conditions. The lighting is a thought, the tidal gardens article said medium light 100-250 par. I also saw another response from a thread that someone runs theirs at 300-400 par and it grows like a weed. Pictured below is a closeup of mine now and it’s color vs when I picked it out of a frag tank from a local reefer.
Currently it sits about 6 inches below the water in the middle of my tank. With two Red Sea Led50s running at 50%.
I guess my question is is the lack of color due to lack of intensity or to much? My birds nest and other acro in the general area seem to be fine. I’m looking into getting a par meter to see where my numbers fall.

0EF20680-6713-4AE5-9982-F1DF7D91182D.jpeg 7B107E7F-A387-432C-943F-63AE671E323D.jpeg
 
F0A89638-EC2F-469E-9032-894F3FBDC61E.jpeg

The first picture is in the local reefers frag tank in the top right and these last two are in my tank.
 
i had a slimeball anacropora at around 150 par. it grew nicely and was one of the fastest. it didn't seem to encrust too much, but did grow many branches.
 
I don't think the color on yours looks bad. I have CB The Thing Anacropora and it grows and looks good on the sandbed in the far side of my tank (8-bulb ATI T5 and XHO Reefbrite) and it also did fine when I had it mid tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new