Analog temperature probe and digital temperature probe in ExBox2, which one?

Clark song

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2018
Messages
18
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a P3ex's own analog temperature probe. recently bought an ExBox2 and digital temperature probe. Now the problem has arisen. after I connect everything. I found that my digital probe and analog probe showed inconsistent readings. Then, I put them in the measuring cup of the same ice-water mixture. The result is 10.3 degrees Celsius for the analog probe and 6.3 degrees Celsius for the digital probe, which the gap is 4 degrees Celsius. However, in the sea at 27 degrees Celsius, the gap is almost 0.6 degrees Celsius. Since my conductivity probe relies on temperature compensation to be accurate, I have to choose an accurate temperature probe. So, which temperature probe should I trust? The analog probe or digital probe. By the way, according to 677/319, I calibrated the analog probe. I did not calibrated the digital probe since the lack of calibration data.

Please help guide. Thank you!

Please the below pictures for your reference:

0.JPG


1.JPG


2.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new