Anans shrinking fast

Flounder's Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Messages
469
Reaction score
174
Location
Nazareth, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an acan garden and I haven't added any corals in 6 weeks acans 6 months ago. All of sudden there disappearing anyone havecany experience with this or suggestions.

Alk-8.72
Cal-446
Mag-1374
Salt-1.026
Phosphate-.09
Nitrate-12.7

20260216_160803.jpg 20260216_160805.jpg 20260216_160809.jpg 20260216_160818.jpg 20260216_160851.jpg
 
If it's sudden and nothing changed recently then I would lean towards pathogen. LPS are prone to bacterial infection. I would do a full tank antibiotic treatment. I would also double check and make sure no alk spikes or nutrient bottom out etc..
 
Are near by corals stinging the Micromussa at night?
What fish types do you have?
Is the SG accurate?
 
Thats the first thing I check was Salinity I even recalibrated my hanna probe . 90 percent of the acans have nothing around them but acans. The ones that are in the most distresse have nothing around them. Only one tang and all reef safe wrasses. O through a bad of carbon in Monday night all but 2 looked better yesterday afternoon
 
Tang might nip lps! Heard many times about it… If it’s sudden: fish or parasites
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new