!!!!!!!and MERRY X-MAS to ALL!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I know. I know. As if the name game wasn't silly enough. You guys have to know by now that i like to have a little fun with this and to say that i take it seriously would be a stretch. Holiday themed names are as goofy as they come and that's exactly why i love them the most. This is just so literal it boarders on deliciously lame. i mean red and green.....just hilarious but not really.

The X-mas acro has been the sleeper of all sleepers. I honestly don't get it. Despite all my best efforts this gem continues to go unnoticed year after year. I am starting to think maybe its just me but i absolutely love this thing! Nothing in my entire collection is quite like it and in always find my self landing on this one when i gaze at the tank.

Sure, i get it. once you get over that hump from beginner to " hey i think i have some part of thous figured out" the green acros just seem like old news or the "easy crap" and maybe that has something to do with it. But for me it just doesn't get any better.

Been wanting to reshoot this one for years nows and finally did so today. its a tough one to really capture on screen but i did my best. In my effort to draw attention to this thing, I have been sneaking teasers of it into peoples packs for ages now so I know lots of you have it. I invite you to please tell me what you think or even better share a pic of yours.

would love to see how its doing.

here is one of my two colonies today looking just as awesome as ever! Felt this one needed some long overdue exposure!

IMG_1052_zps896ef43f.jpg

IMG_1049-2_zps04ffd5e3.jpg

IMG_1049_zps7fbceabd.jpg

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm red-green colorblind so I'll take your word for it. I'm sure it's stunning, ****!!!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a Christian I have no clue what X-mas means, I guess it's a good thing cause we talking corals.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As a Christian I have no clue what X-mas means, I guess it's a good thing cause we talking corals.

I was watching a documentary around christmas time a while ago and remember it being explained kind of matter of factly. But I don't really remember what it was. Lol.

Rallye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny this is Adam, I always wanted to ask you about this piece when I've seen it in packs, but the whole time I've been scrolling past it on your website lol. Will have to pick up a slice of this one in my next order!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Funny this is Adam, I always wanted to ask you about this piece when I've seen it in packs, but the whole time I've been scrolling past it on your website lol. Will have to pick up a slice of this one in my next order!

lol you and everyone else! I think the pic must be really off-putting. i am going to stick these new ones in their place. I know that colony was mounted on one of gooches tinted tiles at the time. Part of me always thought people assumed i drowned the pic in red to get the tips to look that way. bUt it was really just a pink/purple tile.

what can you do? like i said was a long overdue reshoot!

mic209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gave me a piece as a freebie earlier this year, it lost it's color over the course of of 3-4 weeks and has been a stagnant khaki stick ever since. Think I should clip the tip to see if it stimulates something?

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gave me a piece as a freebie earlier this year, it lost it's color over the course of of 3-4 weeks and has been a stagnant khaki stick ever since. Think I should clip the tip to see if it stimulates something?

Add some Christmas decorations might help to feel it happy again,LOL.
Nah, lots of flow, it seems it won't get that for enough nutrients.

fungia_fiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyps on this thing are absolutely crazy. I just got a piece of this in with a pack, and this thing had polyp extension in the bag after shipping - and not just a little. There it was, in the bag without a worry in the world. I don't think I've ever seen that. Now that it's in a tank, they're even longer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back