DANG!! CHECK OUT THE HOUDINI RE-SHOOT PICS! Only took me about a decade, but it happened. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As about as long overdue as it gets. The previous pic on the site was the one and only coral pic that I didn't take myself. That was Raul "bubbaques' pic. I asked to use because I never had a decent shot of my own.

See examples here.

My original shot on the left. Ick! I know, horrible pic. I was still learning how to use my camera and editor. Raul's solid pic on the right, which has been on the site for years now.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.13.55 AM.png

But finally, the reshoot of my proper looking colony! BC Houdini.

Untitled-105.jpg

Untitled-106.jpg

joseph.timbs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyp extension you get is incredible bud, is your photo tank plumbed with ur farm system? I’m thinking it is but if not it must be a paradise system cuz they sure look happy

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The polyp extension you get is incredible bud, is your photo tank plumbed with ur farm system? I’m thinking it is but if not it must be a paradise system cuz they sure look happy
Yeah, part of the main for sure and have a little trick up my sleeve for these all polyps way out shots. Nothing too extraordinary.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, part of the main for sure and have a little trick up my sleeve for these all polyps way out shots. Nothing too extraordinary.
A trick for polyp extension ??? Do tell :)
I give reef roids couple times a week and the other day I got benereef. That made BC Efflo go nuts never seen that before. That particular coral for some reason really responded to the Benereef.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A trick for polyp extension ??? Do tell :)
I give reef roids couple times a week and the other day I got benereef. That made BC Efflo go nuts never seen that before. That particular coral for some reason really responded to the Benereef.
Nah not even remotely that involved. Tedious, yes. I just shoot at “manipulated” night time

This post will self destruct in….,3…..2……..

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah not even remotely that involved. Tedious, yes. I just shoot at “manipulated” night time

This post will self destruct in….,3…..2……..
Thanks for sharing, I have few in my tank that are buggers with no PE but go down at night and they all turn into the shaggy DA
last week tonight dog GIF

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As about as long overdue as it gets. The previous pic on the site was the one and only coral pic that I didn't take myself. That was Raul "bubbaques' pic. I asked to use because I never had a decent shot of my own.

See examples here.

My original shot on the left. Ick! I know, horrible pic. I was still learning how to use my camera and editor. Raul's solid pic on the right, which has been on the site for years now.

Untitled-105.jpg

Untitled-106.jpg

I was always proud to see my pic was the only other one on the site besides yours! Sad to see it come to an end.

Beautiful new colony pic!

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

See examples here.

Untitled-105.jpg

Untitled-106.jpg
Wow. Mine recently started crazy growth and PE. I’d be happy if mine looked a fraction as good as yours

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won’t tell! But be carefull with that thing! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Looks awesome!!!
Johnny Knoxville Pain GIF by ABC Network

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

See examples here.

Untitled-105.jpg

Untitled-106.jpg
My photo of mine tonight. Not a great shot but there’s big potential with this one. Top left
IMG_3337.jpeg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now on to Bozo? if it’s anything like this nasuta I’ll be very pleased
so I did actually try during the same shoot. but my little bozo just isn't big enough for a decent shot. pics not going to work. heres what im talking about. I can't capture the color quite right. good news is I've got 4 colonies about this size that are really taking off. give it another 3-4 months and I'll try again, and I'll shoot the best looking one for sure. I honestly love this thing. it's literally the colors of Bozo.

Untitled-111.jpg

joseph.timbs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, mine seems very happy. No colors close to yours yet but I already really like it, glad I put it in a prominent spot

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back