And so it begins again

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see you getting out but I fully understand. I know you wouldn't do it unless you were doing it right. Hopefully you will find time to get back in at some point.

OP
OP
fishdoc11

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep everything you can store. You know you will be back!!

I will keep some things like my general aquarium keeping stuff, buckets etc...but I will get rid of most. You wouldn't believe how much crap I have after 15 years of reef keeping and 30 years of keeping aquariums. One thing you learn when you get out of reefing and get back in is that the technology changes so much that if 2 or 3 years goes by a lot of what you want is new and a lot of what you kept is outdated. I think I will eventually set up another planted tank and I will keep aquariums in my kids rooms if they want them but I won't have another reef tank for a while. Too much time and $ required if you aren't just totally into it. Not a hobby to be half hearted in for sure. The tank is doing great now. Everything is colored back up and healthy. That was very important to get it back right before I sold the livestock. I love this tank. It is close to my ideal setup for sure.

OP
OP
fishdoc11

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see you getting out but I fully understand. I know you wouldn't do it unless you were doing it right. Hopefully you will find time to get back in at some point.

I will someday. I will probably keep my feet wet with aquariums that I can get water change water right out of the tap for:)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back