AND THE GHA LIVES ON.

Bubba002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost everything in the move…..have had rocks sitting in Clorox for 20 hours and the GHA is still there….white, but is not releasing with a slight tug. AND my delicate Zoas that close at the touch from a scarlet skunk cleaner are hanging on too. Haven’t turned white, staying gray and extended but won’t release. So. Fellow reefers what is it really going to take to kill off GHA?

0EB20AC7-CCE1-43F0-9912-B9890CD389CE.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0129.MOV
    6.7 MB

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say , crabs , snails, and urchins. Keep my DT petty much algae free the rocks are evening turning white again. Now my fuge has gha but that is fine with me lol

guywithatank1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that the most small snails that you can get and a couple of bigger snails. You need to make sure you are varying your feeding ASMAP other wise the CUC will get used to eating the food you feed them. I am not saying that you don't do this but I know there was a time when I didn't. Good luck

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gha fibers are as tough as fibers like nylon fabric fibers, almost like Kevlar...

The ONLY way to eliminate GHA is to starve it out. That means getting Phosphates at .01 thru methods like lanthanum chloride. That means getting nitrates below 2ppm thru methods like vodka dosing.

You strategically accept the goal of minimizing po4 and no3 thru research and applying methods as your no.1 goal..... you'll starve out gha in 4 weeks

Not familiar with Lanthanum Chloride or Vodka dosing? Tons of posts on R2R on how, why, what, when, where & how often

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back