!!!!AND THE WINNER IS........SNIPERS BLUE GROW OUT CONTEST!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Frizzles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an awesome shipment of Battlecorals today!! Here they are two minutes into the tank:

DE03CF5E-AAD6-4C46-98C1-4246B27038AA.jpeg

Front row:
BC Sunflower Milli
Rose Garden
Poison Envy
Bohemia

Back row:
Amanaman
Dark Night Spath
Skydopple
Palette Pink Tip
BC Efflo 2.0

Here’s a few pics after being in the tank all day. Already polyp extension! They look so happy!!
AE39F708-88BB-46AF-93D8-CBCF6B944793.jpeg

50517A6F-1D80-416B-BB5C-7FC36BE460BF.jpeg

BC0D543D-4B95-40F9-87F0-BE394F49B6BF.jpeg

They are amazing! Thank you @Battlecorals!!

Miss the future

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm not sure that I have a "secret" to this growth, but I'll try to tell you what I did.

I do a water change every Saturday morning using Red Sea Coral Pro. I stir up and clean the sand bed during water changes and also use a turkey baster to blow off all of the rocks. I try to do this before the lights come on and the corals seems to enjoy this.

I feed at the same time every day (in the evening, close to lights out) using LRS Fish Frenzy as the main food. I also add Reef Chili or Coralific Delite. I add phytoplankton every day at the same time I am feeding, along with Sponge Power and Coral Vitalizer (from Korallen-Zucht). I run my lights for about 12 hours per day, using one of the Aqua Illumination Signature Series (https://www.aquaillumination.com/signature_series/david-saxby).

I'm pretty regimented on my maintenance. I have schedules that I stick to for regularly cleaning everything - lights, pumps, skimmer, RODI filters, etc. I dose calcium and alk (from BRS) using dosing pumps, but dose mag and the red sea colors by hand every other week. I keep my salinity on the high end - around 1.027.

Other than that, I tried not to change anything if I could help it. I replenished some of my clean up crew, but tried to not add too many new corals and didn't add any fish during this time.

I kept this coral a little bit lower in my tank than my other acros, and it seemed to like that. ;Happy
Why can you keep good water quality by feeding so much?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back