Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah. Ya I know the feeling, have had that happen

What qt procedure are you doing?
Nothing too crazy:

I have a 40 breeder & a 20 gallon QT with show tank water in it rolling all the time.

Fish stay in there for observation for a few weeks to get them eating and used to my water.

If I see something then I treat for whatever it is, mainly copper power, chloroquine phosphate and prozipro. (I follow directions on the bottle)

Once full treatment is finished I observe for a week or two then add them to a holding tank for more observation that is connected to the system.

Once they are eating well and used to the system water I add them to the show at night and wish them the best of luck. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

There are better and more detailed QT processes but that is what works for me.

Bpp124987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing too crazy:

I have a 40 breeder & a 20 gallon QT with show tank water in it rolling all the time.

Fish stay in there for observation for a few weeks to get them eating and used to my water.

If I see something then I treat for whatever it is, mainly copper power, chloroquine phosphate and prozipro. (I follow directions on the bottle)

Once full treatment is finished I observe for a week or two then add them to a holding tank for more observation that is connected to the system.

Once they are eating well and used to the system water I add them to the show at night and wish them the best of luck. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

There are better and more detailed QT processes but that is what works for me.
presumably that 20 and 40 are isolated from rest of systems while doing qt duty? Else there no real quarantine…

ReefLegends

For all your phyto, rotifer and copepods needs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a must stop and see attraction while in Utah!! You can look for hours and still not find everything that is hiding. IMG_7449.jpeg

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a must stop and see attraction while in Utah!! You can look for hours and still not find everything that is hiding. IMG_7449.jpeg
Thanks Skyler!! The system loves your phyto and pods!!

Any fish friends on this forum are more than welcome to come visit. Love talking reefs with the fish buddies.

It’s a work in progress but it’s getting better each month! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 62 52.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back