(Andy) spspirate's 30 Deep Blue Cube

Hey Parker, Im using a chiller its a 1/4 hp Oceanic to keep temp stable. Being an open top system it makes things easier to keep cool. The chiller rarely comes on.

Nice, alright so do you think like 4 computer fans could do the same thing? If I run it constant or hook it up to the apex to come on at a certain temp.

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice, alright so do you think like 4 computer fans could do the same thing? If I run it constant or hook it up to the apex to come on at a certain temp.

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 Computer fans can sufficiently cool a tank. I used to have the Nanocube 28G with a 150w halide build into the hood. A PC fan kept it sufficiently cool. I ran it continuously during the light hours.

Over my old 36inch tank I had a 250w halide with 2xT5. A single fan, was one of those powerful ones where you could speed it up etc kept the whole tank cool.

However, if you live in a humid climate, the effect is going to be less.
 
4 Computer fans can sufficiently cool a tank. I used to have the Nanocube 28G with a 150w halide build into the hood. A PC fan kept it sufficiently cool. I ran it continuously during the light hours.

Over my old 36inch tank I had a 250w halide with 2xT5. A single fan, was one of those powerful ones where you could speed it up etc kept the whole tank cool.

However, if you live in a humid climate, the effect is going to be less.

Thank you sahin.
 
IMG_0565_1_zpsacf2bf6f.jpg
 
No it doesn't!...LOL Thanks Ben Im going to love this one.
 
Yes chalice junky I am. On the process of breaking it down for the move.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new