OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week Im hoping to get the top done and have the stand skinned out. At the Depot today thinking about a color for the stand. Wife thinks a "coral" color would be good. I think it may be a good call after all said and done.

(top color)

IMG_2955_1_zpsmedqkgos.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up the RMS yesterday. Played with it a little and ended up mounting my Radion to it. I like the design very sleek EcoTech did a great job with this one.

IMG_2961_zpsc3cv0bzr.jpg

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post your progress building your stand. I'm going to have to make/build my first stand soon for a new setup!

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be a great build Andy. Of course we all expect nothing less than perfect from you. Lol hope to actually get by there and see this one.

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be a great build Andy. Of course we all expect nothing less than perfect from you. Lol hope to actually get by there and see this one.
Lol! Im just so dang picky! Hey bud! You need to swing by once it's up and running! Hope everything is great on your end. Hit me up!

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome progression with that beach bum. Probably becoming my favorite piece. Lol fish room is coming along nicely can't wait to see how everything looks.

Then back to halides hahaha. I'll never go back to led unless they stop production on the 250w radium
Halide question since a few are radium fans. Lol I'm building a DB 30g rimless and going to be using a 250w radium how high should I have it hanging?

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome progression with that beach bum. Probably becoming my favorite piece. Lol fish room is coming along nicely can't wait to see how everything looks.

Halide question since a few are radium fans. Lol I'm building a DB 30g rimless and going to be using a 250w radium how high should I have it hanging?
Thank you! Yea my Beach Bum is growing great! Pretty good grower in the little 20 gallon makeshift tank. Room should be completely done soon, can't wait!
As with the Radium I would hang it about 10"-12" What reflector are you using?

vipete1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason Fox Beach Bum update pic.

ed05e017-a618-4bd8-8863-da2bc9846aaf_zpsgplzzmne.jpg

Hey spspirate all your corals look great and can't wait to see this build progress further...I have a quick question...do you keep all your chalices close to each other because I had a bunch of different style chalices and they ended stinging each other and it is so hard to differentiate the different types...any suggestions? I seen that in your 20 gallon you had a bunch together

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you:) I do keep my corals close together only because right now they're are all on frag racks. Do I worry about sweeper tentacles? With some corals I do and would not put them next to another coral. For example my Space Invaders pectinia loves to stretch out when ever it detects food in the water column. I have him isolated in the corner. For the most part they are spaced far enough that everyone seems to be fine. But that is a thing that I do look for when I'm looking at my coral. If I were you I'd keep them an inch or two apart and take notice of their behavior, if you see a coral throwing out sweepers more often than normal definitely move it far enough away or find a new home for it. To identify each species of each genus and say that one will put out sweepers and that one won't doesn't really help. They all have tentacles that can stretch out to a good distance. Between feeding and warfare it's something that just happens if the factors are there. I've even seen my Flaming Bugatti throw out a long tentacle or two. For the longest time my Space Invaders never threw any. So my best advice is to keep an eye on them and move them if needed.

Last edited:

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 48 42.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 53 46.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back