Anemone army

blackwolf1778

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been reefing for about 8 years now so im still learning often but about 2 months ago my oldest anemone relocated itself behind a rock out of light and flow and within a few days appeared to die. being really bummed about it decided i wasnt going to add another for awhile however it didnt take long until i started seeing little baby ones but now its been 2 months and i have over a 100 of them and growing rapidly... ive seen them split but not die off and spawn like this, im assuming not all are going to survive but i said that a month ago also and they are all still there and growing. it looks like a army of them... moving them now would be much easier opposed to when they have a large foot and tucked in tight areas.

i guess my questions are
1- should i start thinning them out now or wait and see
2 - is that typical to spawn like that and im just uneducated about it?
3 - whats my risks if i just wait it out

Details i think i left out that are need to know -
60 gallon JBJ cube
long tentacle anemone

Thanks!!

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics? That would be amazing! Definitely don’t thin any out. It’s nearly unheard of for lta’s to spawn in captivity.

OP
OP
blackwolf1778

blackwolf1778

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ****.. I think it is aptasia.. I've never encountered them so I didn't even think of that now doing some reading I'm kicking myself in the butt for not asking questions sooner..

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back