Anemone bleached?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kizreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kizreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
32
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my first anemone. When I saw it in the store it was about the size of two fists and had some light green and pink tints. I left it at the store for 2 weeks waiting for my new light (tank currently had cheap leds). When I picked it up it was closed and Appeared half its original size. Once home it opened up but only has pink tints. Did it bleach? Is it likely to survive? Once zoo leave can they ever be re-established?

8D70E5D0-B446-4B8D-A0F0-DA73A36EABEE.jpeg
 
Here it is with more blue light. It has a little green tint. What is the liklihood my oscellaris will host?

EBCA7983-2CF2-4693-99E1-50293090789C.jpeg CEFF3413-3765-4552-8E00-6000D264AEBD.jpeg
 
Yes it’s bleached. Strong lighting, keep parameters stable and do weekly feedings and it should bounce back
 
Agree it should bounce back as long as it stays healthy. I would suggest for now that if you do weekly feedings, just provide some frozen food from your regular fish feedings. If you want to use chopped shrimp, go with a very small piece the size of an eraser or the mouth. Mysis shrimp are a good size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new