Anemone blended in powerhead

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess my first post will be a bad one... I woke up this morning to find my new RBTA manged to bypass my nem guard and blended half his body. I’ve already added extra carbon and am waiting on salt water for a rather large water change. Only chemistry change so far is a spike in nitrate to around 5ppm and the obvious cloudy water. But my question is half of the nem is still attached to the tank wall like really holding on should I leave it in or go ahead and take it out? Thanks in advance

image.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef,sorry to see..:( lets get some expert help... @Eagle_Steve

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess my first post will be a bad one... I woke up this morning to find my new RBTA manged to bypass my nem guard and blended half his body. I’ve already added extra carbon and am waiting on salt water for a rather large water change. Only chemistry change so far is a spike in nitrate to around 5ppm and the obvious cloudy water. But my question is half of the nem is still attached to the tank wall like really holding on should I leave it in or go ahead and take it out? Thanks in advance

image.jpg
I'd leave it, better yet if you have an acclimation box or even a small Tupperware container you can put it in, it might survive.
We have one we call "KAMI" (aka Kamikazi") because it's been into multiple power-heads, gone down overflow multiple times, melted against heater and YES it's still alive -- currently hosting 2 golden nugget clownfish

OP
OP
FishRN

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks y’all he seems to be ok at the moment. He’s remaining tentacles inflated and his foot is still attaching ok, fingers crossed he’ll recover. I feel terrible thought the nem guard would prevent this but guess I just had bad luck.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back