Anemone caught in power head

  • Thread starter Thread starter Indign
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Indign

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Ct
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I woke up to my new stuck in my power head. I have took the head out and hived the piece it's attached to on a rock.

Does the nem look dead or is there a way I can save him? I don't have a qt tank.
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1385909689.399252.jpg
 
Could survive. I'd qt it or at the very least put it in a basket and let it float in your tank.
 
The last one is saw stuck in a power head a local store. They just unplugged the power head and let the nem pull it self out. Ad it ten recovered and healed in about 6 months.


-Alex-
 
It has unattached from the powerhead and is now on a rock open and swaying in the water. I'm hopping the worst is over but will keep an eye on it.
 
Just keep any eye on it and stick with your routine. If it was doing good before than it should be able to heal.


-Alex-
 
You got lucky maybe I had one it got chopped up in a mp60 and of coarse it was turned up all the way at the time so there wasn't nothing really left
 
Well so far it has moved off the rock to the sand and now it's on the glass in the corner of the tank. Still open and colorful.

The foot did have a cut in it but it was only a slight cut now it seems to be much larger, almost like it is trying to split.
 
Yeah I know. It just added it last night I would have been real mad. Hopefully it learned its lesson.

Now it just needs to get healthy and host one or both of my clowns.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new