Anemone caught in powerhead. I removed but is it safe to be kept in the tank?

JamesCTID

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I came home this evening to see my tank was a little cloudy and my anemone was caught in my wavemaker. Stupidly I thought it would be fine to leave without a guard on (lesson learnt!)

I just hope I can have some assurances on the anemone itself. Do you think it will survive?

Thanks in advance

16959354382973728557084497069361.jpg 16959354737686732934644642819598.jpg

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should recover -- happened to me many moons ago and mine recovered. My new nem-dominant tank got guards, never run without one! I would put a bag of activated carbon in the sump just to make sure any toxins got released while recovering. If you have a hospital tank (not everyone does), it would be the best course of action though.

OP
OP
JamesCTID

JamesCTID

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should recover -- happened to me many moons ago and mine recovered. My new nem-dominant tank got guards, never run without one! I would put a bag of activated carbon in the sump just to make sure any toxins got released while recovering. If you have a hospital tank (not everyone does), it would be the best course of action though.
Thanks for the advice. Are the guards online all universal for all powrheads or do I need to have a dig around for one specific to my powerhead?

Any good ideas to cover for now? I'm thinking perhaps I could cover the powerhead with a zip filter media bag for the time being?

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. Are the guards online all universal for all powrheads or do I need to have a dig around for one specific to my powerhead?

Any good ideas to cover for now? I'm thinking perhaps I could cover the powerhead with a zip filter media bag for the time being?
I don't think they are universal given so many different manufacturers out there. I have 2xMP40s for the nem tank & 1xMP10 for the frag tank. I bought cheap ($8.99) covers from Etsy that fit perfectly. I don't know what you run but yes, media cover + zip tie should work for now.

Hope your nem will recover quickly...good luck!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back