Purpletank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that in a big enough tank nearly any anemone can be with another on opposite sides

And yet, a friend has a 240g now front in which he kept a rose bubble too and a green bubble tip that never touched each other but we're close enough to shoot mucous at each other until they both died and wreaked havoc on the whole tank. Has anyone else ever heard of such a thing happening? I would have thought they would have been comparable. Plus I never hear of them shooting mucous like that.

Purpletank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yet, a friend has a 240g now front in which he kept a rose bubble too and a green bubble tip that never touched each other but we're close enough to shoot mucous at each other until they both died and wreaked havoc on the whole tank. Has anyone else ever heard of such a thing happening? I would have thought they would have been comparable. Plus I never hear of them shooting mucous like that.
Sorry about those auto corrects.

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That Is quite interesting as I keep a rainbow, green, and rose quadricolor (bubble tip) nems together and literally they are all touching and happy!

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe your friend could have had a rose BTA and the green one could have been a sebae or long tentacle as those two anemones sometimes closely look like standard green Bubble tips when in a certain condition and lighting. If that was the case they would have killed each other if they found out the other was in the tank. (And the mucous is actually the anemones way of attacking from range I call it "Anemome warfare")

Thanks for sharing! If you can verify the species I can add it to the list but I would like a first hand notice from your friend!

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tube anemone with two bubble tips in same tank. Not touching but in same area of tank.

That is interesting! Can you post a picture please! My research has indicated thus far that if two nems are in a close enough proximity, it will simulate the effect as if they were to touch. This will hopefully mark a check on the spreadsheet under tube and bubble tip!

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed Cerianthus sp (Tube nem) from the list. I want to keep this list true to anemones only

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a condi that sits right on a rock nem for months with no issues I actually wish out would move lol

Could you post a picture of yours...i think i have a baby baby one...but not entirely sure because i cant upload pucs to ask

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go @Babygecko1233

20160621_111255.jpg

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope not what i have! Ugh. This is soooo beyond agrivating...this stupid storm messed up everything. Wont even let me send emails now -.- ugh

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay here goes nothing...
Im going to try to describe it to the best of my abilitys...

First,
It enjoys meduim flow.
It doesnt move around at all. It stays stuck to the glass..

The disk is about an inch in a half when its fully open...
Its mostly brown in color..and has purplish pinkish small tips...it has about 10 whitish stripes going from its mouth to the base of its tentacles....
It loves squid.
Its foot is always showing.... Is very sticky and hardy...survived 2 tank crashed due to infected coral releasing toxins...
This anenome is preditory tho...and does shock fish that doesnt know what they are resulting in death (killed off my file fish) but it leaves the sargent majors alone...

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had experience with a Sebae + rBTA? Think the color transition between the two would look sweet.

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid question but a simple one:
Why in that compatibility list, it stated BTA can't touch another BTA?

We know that this isn't true; a lot of folks' tank here has BTA side-by-side. One that I remember, Melev's 50G anemone tank.

Unless the only way it can live side-by-side is by means of splitting the same anemone into 2, 3, 4, 5,....?

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the same nems are blocked off with the red because the chart doesnt compare same species (eg sebae v sebae). It doesnt mean they are not compatible with one another.

Rennan Serrano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Guys,

Where that arent marks we can consider that is compatible?

Ex: i want to put a long tentacle + mini carpet + bubble tip.

Therefore is the long tentacle compartible with bubble tip?

Thanks

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand this is a forum about anemones that can live with other anemones and if this is a stupid question I'm very sorry. I love anemones and I would like a pair of clownfish. I'd li,e to know which anemones are OK with other fish. I would really like a few rock anemones and a few bubble tips but I don't know if they will eat other fish. Can someone help me with info? Thanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back