OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that in a big enough tank nearly any anemone can be with another on opposite sides

I agree however, this list is geared towards anemones actually touching each other! So far in every case these anemones with a check have actually touched one another numerous times

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the scientific name of the hell fire!? That's new to me I can add it unless it's a variant of the quadricolor @Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Wait so on the sheet gigs can touch bubble tips?
I want to add my blue gig to this tank
7362891c80846297a3598b34fbd50367.jpg

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait so on the sheet gigs can touch bubble tips?
I want to add my blue gig to this tank
7362891c80846297a3598b34fbd50367.jpg

Correct according to the source which I believe was from a thread on Reefcentral, you can and its been done. I was also considering adding a gig to my BtA tank but let me actually find the source before you do that

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I can keep Malu/BTA/Gigantea together for a significant period of time"

that is from @OrionN

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
He's good and he's not a haddons he's a gig I'm not sure how the haddons will do with touching bubble tip

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another confirmed story! And yeah haddonis are fine too with them!

ja4207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two tanks tied together via a common sump/filtration room.

In my 24 Cardiff I have 20 bubbletips (Entacmaea Quadricolor), 6 rocks (Epicystis Crucifer), 2 maxi (Stichodatyla Tapetum) and 2 tubes (Cerianthus).

The other tank, 93 cube, houses a Stichogactyla Haddoni and now a new recent addition of a Heterodactyla Hemprichii.

Seemingly by choice none of the species seem to locate themselves within touching distance with other species in tank. From that they all are thriving and have been for some time, aside from the newest addition whichhas seemed happy since I added it a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two tanks tied together via a common sump/filtration room.

In my 24 Cardiff I have 20 bubbletips (Entacmaea Quadricolor), 6 rocks (Epicystis Crucifer), 2 maxi (Stichodatyla Tapetum) and 2 tubes (Cerianthus).

The other tank, 93 cube, houses a Stichogactyla Haddoni and now a new recent addition of a Heterodactyla Hemprichii.

Seemingly by choice none of the species seem to locate themselves within touching distance with other species in tank. From that they all are thriving and have been for some time, aside from the newest addition whichhas seemed happy since I added it a few weeks ago.

Very interesting! Since this list is more geared towards anemones touching how far are the tubes away from the rest and same with the haddonis and the hemprichi? I will revise my list to include cases of same tank not touching as well as just yes or no.

ja4207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Cardiff is such a small tank that everyone is very close due to space constraints. Everything is just out of normal reach of one another. Little movements in the more mobile anemones and they touch but it's not for any solid length of time. I can post a picture abit later of this tank.

As far as the Hemprichii I placed it opposite end of the Haddoni and it hasn't moved yet. However here is pictures of the gentleman that owned it before me (sale thread) where as it sits very close to both the Haddoni and maxi. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hemphrichii-nem.252648/

With this, I think consideration should be observed by anemones sharing tanks. As many previous consensus was that mixing anemones was a big no no. To my personal experience the only anemones that I have had problems mixing same tank have been Gigs and Ritteri.

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still compiling research but here is the latest chart as of 7/7/2016

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edited* see First post for up to date chart

Last edited:

ja4207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my tank of two Haddoni and a Gig. All thee were captive held and happy for a considerable time. The haddoni's being first residence in this tank. After adding the Gig a month went by and all of the sudden I lost both the blu gig and green Haddoni. The red Haddoni was in very rough shape, u till the removal of the other two and heavy carbon / water change took place.

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my tank of two Haddoni and a Gig. All thee were captive held and happy for a considerable time. The haddoni's being first residence in this tank. After adding the Gig a month went by and all of the sudden I lost both the blu gig and green Haddoni. The red Haddoni was in very rough shape, u till the removal of the other two and heavy carbon / water change took place.
I'm sorry for your loss. They where all beautiful. From your experience how ever would you say that it is ill advised to keep a gig and haddoni together still?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back