Anemone foot is ripped

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping the water parameters in check, and time. Generally if water conditions are in good shape, BTAs bounce back just fine. Not the case with LTAs, btw, if their foot was in that shape it would take a miracle to save it. BTAs can be basically shredded and make a full recovery--if conditions in the tank are pristine.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping the water parameters in check, and time. Generally if water conditions are in good shape, BTAs bounce back just fine. Not the case with LTAs, btw, if their foot was in that shape it would take a miracle to save it. BTAs can be basically shredded and make a full recovery--if conditions in the tank are pristine.
His foot is slowly getting better I think it was trying to attach to the cup

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is it today it’s a little closed now it was open more like an hour ago but it closed up again should I leave it is ther bay thing I should do now or just let it sit in ther
IMG_4476.jpeg
IMG_4477.jpeg

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step 1 is to stop picking it up and moving it. Put it in a low flow area and leave it alone. It will either attach to the rock and thrive, or it won't. There's really nothing you can do to help it other than leave it alone. Sorry to sound harsh, but the handing is doing more harm than good.

If it was on a rock when you bought it, the foot was likely damaged when removing it from the rock. If it was in a basket, this is nuch less likely, but possible.
Would you know why the foots inflating it is looking a lot healthier

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you know why the foots inflating it is looking a lot healthier
I would just leave it alone. The foot will inflate when it's moving and attaching to a new area. It's possible it will attach to the glass on the part of the foot that is undamaged. As long as there is mild, moderate flow in the area where you have the glass, I would just give it time and good water conditions. Also, until it heals and securely attaches, don't try and feed it.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just leave it alone. The foot will inflate when it's moving and attaching to a new area. It's possible it will attach to the glass on the part of the foot that is undamaged. As long as there is mild, moderate flow in the area where you have the glass, I would just give it time and good water conditions. Also, until it heals and securely attaches, don't try and feed it.
It started to live again and I could capture a picture like around the bottom does it look better
IMG_4512.jpeg
IMG_4508.jpeg
IMG_4513.jpeg

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started to live again and I could capture a picture like around the bottom does it look better
IMG_4512.jpeg
IMG_4508.jpeg
IMG_4513.jpeg
It looks better. Let it do its thing and just watch it to make sure it doesn’t move into a circulation pump or something. It’ll pick a spot once its ready.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks better. Let it do its thing and just watch it to make sure it doesn’t move into a circulation pump or something. It’ll pick a spot once its ready.
Ok that’s good I do think the foot is looking a lot better to ther is guards on the wave makers for when I’m not home. Should I help it get out by leaning the cup over do you think it’s ready to atach I’m at work so I’ll update again when home

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that’s good I do think the foot is looking a lot better to ther is guards on the wave makers for when I’m not home. Should I help it get out by leaning the cup over do you think it’s ready to atach I’m at work so I’ll update again when home
It’ll be able to get out when it’s ready. They can inflate their foot and rise into the water column like a balloon to get around. Just let it do its thing.

ReefingDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now it’s closed up I’m more sure if it’s gotten smaller sometimes when I look in the cup it’s foots like really big and then I look again and it’s like Thers nothing there
You would be better off just taking it easy and not worrying about it. It needs time. Give it a couple weeks.

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is it now do you think it’s moving or it’s the wave makers is he trying to find his spot
IMG_4539.jpeg
It might be trying to attach, it will take it little while to see. You said it's protected from being sucked into any powerheads/etc. So, besides keeping the water in good shape, now it's just giving it all the time it needs to recover. You can tell when it's attached, it will stay in the same place and extend its tentacles. That might be a week or two now.

What are the current tank parameters? temperature, specific gravity, nitrates?

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be trying to attach, it will take it little while to see. You said it's protected from being sucked into any powerheads/etc. So, besides keeping the water in good shape, now it's just giving it all the time it needs to recover. You can tell when it's attached, it will stay in the same place and extend its tentacles. That might be a week or two now.

The lights of still and it’s still in this spot the ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20 trying to lower them salinity 1.025

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_4541.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back