Anemone foot is ripped

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s looking better the light has now turned on but I’m still not sure if his foot has atached to anything yet because when I put him somwere he stay for like 30 minutes then moves away but his mouth is looking better
IMG_4411.jpeg
It looks much better. It’s looking for a spot that it likes. Let it do its thing but watch it closely. It’ll want to seek out flow and light so watch to make sure it doesn’t end up in a circulation pump.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks much better. It’s looking for a spot that it likes. Let it do its thing but watch it closely. It’ll want to seek out flow and light so watch to make sure it doesn’t end up in a circulation pump.
It’s looking better but defenetly hasn’t attached to anything yet so I’ll leave it I still think it’s foot is damaged I’ll let it heal

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep us updated.
It’s still looking good but Thers just a small deflated part that’s about to detach from the body of the anemone Wich I think that part got injured from the store but I’m not sure if it tried to split it or it just came of I’ll tell you if it comes off
IMG_4414.jpeg
IMG_4415.jpeg

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have any powerheads/pumps that the BTA could get sucked into, cover them with nylon window screen or filter sponge. BTAs are very resilient, so I expect it will recover. But, until it's recovered and firmly attached, be wary of anything that could suck in an unattached anemone.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have any powerheads/pumps that the BTA could get sucked into, cover them with nylon window screen or filter sponge. BTAs are very resilient, so I expect it will recover. But, until it's recovered and firmly attached, be wary of anything that could suck in an unattached anemone.
Yeah I covered everything if it keeps floating around I’ll probably put it in a small glass cup with some small rocks and let it sit in ther so it dosent keep floating around

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s how he’s looking still in the same spot noticed this not sure if it’s from splitting maybe a tear or his mouth not sure what do you think it is
IMG_4426.jpeg
IMG_4427.jpeg

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s how he’s looking still in the same spot noticed this not sure if it’s from splitting maybe a tear or his mouth not sure what do you think it is
IMG_4426.jpeg
IMG_4427.jpeg
I didn’t think of this until now but this nem may have split while at the LFS. It may not have healed yet. Either way try to keep things as stable as you can. Just give it time.

The fact that you’ve had it since yesterday and it’s not only alive but looks much better than last night makes me think the nem is happier. It should heal if indeed it needs to heal but keep a close eye on it and don’t panic.

Even the healthiest anemones have good days and bad. I think it has a good chance of healing and thriving in your system. It’s looking its best yet. You’re doing good with it so far.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think of this until now but this nem may have split while at the LFS. It may not have healed yet. Either way try to keep things as stable as you can. Just give it time.

The fact that you’ve had it since yesterday and it’s not only alive but looks much better than last night makes me think the nem is happier. It should heal if indeed it needs to heal but keep a close eye on it and don’t panic.

Even the healthiest anemones have good days and bad. I think it has a good chance of healing and thriving in your system. It’s looking its best yet. You’re doing good with it so far.
At the lfs ther was only 1 like this but it could’ve split ther but what I was thinking it is trying to split now but I’m not sure it’s definitely looking better then it did when I put it in the tank yesterday and it’s less deflated now it’s hard to tell if he’s splitting in my tank or if he split at the lfs but whatever happened I hope it heals when do you think I should try feeding it.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the lfs ther was only 1 like this but it could’ve split ther but what I was thinking it is trying to split now but I’m not sure it’s definitely looking better then it did when I put it in the tank yesterday and it’s less deflated now it’s hard to tell if he’s splitting in my tank or if he split at the lfs but whatever happened I hope it heals when do you think I should try feeding it.
I would wait 2 weeks to feed it.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait 2 weeks to feed it.
So I went to feel and it isn’t atached and I also could get some pics of the foot and it dosent look great but the bubbles are still out and nice i think it must of got ripped at the fish store so I got to work out how to get it heald since it’s not attaching should u out it in a small plastic cup to keep it in
IMG_4458.jpeg
IMG_4456.jpeg

ReefingDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to feel and it isn’t atached and I also could get some pics of the foot and it dosent look great but the bubbles are still out and nice i think it must of got ripped at the fish store so I got to work out how to get it heald since it’s not attaching should u out it in a small plastic cup to keep it in
IMG_4458.jpeg
IMG_4456.jpeg
Step 1 is to stop picking it up and moving it. Put it in a low flow area and leave it alone. It will either attach to the rock and thrive, or it won't. There's really nothing you can do to help it other than leave it alone. Sorry to sound harsh, but the handing is doing more harm than good.

If it was on a rock when you bought it, the foot was likely damaged when removing it from the rock. If it was in a basket, this is nuch less likely, but possible.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step 1 is to stop picking it up and moving it. Put it in a low flow area and leave it alone. It will either attach to the rock and thrive, or it won't. There's really nothing you can do to help it other than leave it alone. Sorry to sound harsh, but the handing is doing more harm than good.

If it was on a rock when you bought it, the foot was likely damaged when removing it from the rock. If it was in a basket, this is nuch less likely, but possible.
It was in a basket when Brough but he pulled it out in like 3 seconds and didn’t take any time at all but I’m not sure it could hav injured itself in my tank but I’m not sure I wedged it into a rock if it gets pushed out what should I do I really don’t want to touch it anymore someone recommended putting it in a glass cup and let it sit in there.

ReefingDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was in a basket when Brough but he pulled it out in like 3 seconds and didn’t take any time at all but I’m not sure it could hav injured itself in my tank but I’m not sure I wedged it into a rock if it gets pushed out what should I do I really don’t want to touch it anymore someone recommended putting it in a glass cup and let it sit in there.
Glass cup really only helps it from getting blown around. As long as it's not getting blown around with the tank's flow, just leave it. No more touching. It can't attach if it keeps being moved.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass cup really only helps it from getting blown around. As long as it's not getting blown around with the tank's flow, just leave it. No more touching. It can't attach if it keeps being moved.
Yeah I wont touch it anymore I’ll keep updating this is how he’s going were I put it
IMG_4464.jpeg

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It didn’t attach and it just started floating around and never attaching to anything so it’s in the cup now and gonna leave it ther for a week and monitor its health light are off now I’ll update how he’s doing in the morning

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back