OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your parameters look pretty good, the nitrates are a little high for my tastes, but not in the danger zone for a BTA, for sure. What temp do you keep your tank? 77-82F (25-27.8C) is a good range.
my tank stays about 26 ill update when im home I'm at school now in the middle of English class.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I got home and he’s moved even further back is this normals I’m still not sure if he’s attached I also got a photo of it at the back and you can see a little bit of its foot in the left
IMG_4552.jpeg
IMG_4559.jpeg

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok it’s moved even further to
IMG_4565.jpeg
the back now not sure we’re it’s going it’s all the way at the back
Remember it’s trying to find a place it likes and it’s trying to heal. It’s kind of like when one has a fever and congestion. It’s hard to sleep that way so it causes restlessness. Your nem is going through that right now. I know it’s hard especially since you care about it and fear for its help but give it the time it needs. The fact that it’s bubbling up is a sign that it’s doing better.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember it’s trying to find a place it likes and it’s trying to heal. It’s kind of like when one has a fever and congestion. It’s hard to sleep that way so it causes restlessness. Your nem is going through that right now. I know it’s hard especially since you care about it and fear for its help but give it the time it needs. The fact that it’s bubbling up is a sign that it’s doing better.
It’s looking a lot better it might be attached but I’m not sure it’s totally at the back now
IMG_4570.jpeg
IMG_4572.jpeg

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
26C is perfect!
It’s been opening up in the morning and it’s been looking really good I got a small glimpse of its foot from above its looking a little bit better I’m still not sure if it’s atached but it keep moving around like small steps and j thjnk it atached to my snail because the snail was crawling up the rock and the anemone was going with it so I’m guessing it can atach

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most often BTAs attach to holes, crevices or overhangs in the liverock. Sometimes they will attach to the glass of the tank and stay there. In either case, I'm glad it's looking better. Keep us posted with pics when it's convenient.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
g
Most often BTAs attach to holes, crevices or overhangs in the liverock. Sometimes they will attach to the glass of the tank and stay there. In either case, I'm glad it's looking better. Keep us posted with pics when it's convenient.
going to get some more water this afternoon and do a water change ill get a photo then

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop trying to lower your nitrates. Anemones prefer nitrates above 10 and can do well with much higher nitrates( up to 120 if not higher). Nitrates are a food source for anemones.
The fact it has not been attaching is an indication of a water issue in my opinion. I did not see what your phosphates and Alkalinity is. My guess is it is not attaching because your alk leval is too low.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop trying to lower your nitrates. Anemones prefer nitrates above 10 and can do well with much higher nitrates( up to 120 if not higher). Nitrates are a food source for anemones.
The fact it has not been attaching is an indication of a water issue in my opinion. I did not see what your phosphates and Alkalinity is. My guess is it is not attaching because your alk leval is too low.
I don’t test other stuff other then ammonia nitrite nitrate and salinity all my corals are doing fine and rapidly growing just this one isn’t I occasionally go toy lfs and get a water test that does all and it’s always fine

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see it here you can also see his foot or somthing a little bit I’m not sure if it’s attached
IMG_4604.jpeg
IMG_4597.jpeg
still

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4626.jpeg
It moved again sorry for the bad videos but it’s foot still dosent look to good I’m not sure if it’s attached I couldn’t get good photos
IMG_4627.jpeg

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it is still in recovery mode. But it's getting there slowly. Like with a lot of aquarium stuff, patience is a virtue (I don't have ; ).
Here look at this he’s moved again and you can see that this tiny pat of his foot is arched to the rock to you think that’s all he has left of his foot
IMG_4637.jpeg

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here look at this he’s moved again and you can see that this tiny pat of his foot is arched to the rock to you think that’s all he has left of his foot
IMG_4637.jpeg
It may be the only part of the foot that is not shredded. The good thing about BTAs is they can regenerate even after being severely damaged, as long as they were healthy before the injury and water conditions are good.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be the only part of the foot that is not shredded. The good thing about BTAs is they can regenerate even after being severely damaged, as long as they were healthy before the injury and water conditions are good.
The store said they can replace it with another anemone but it’s a green anemone and it’s a lot smaller should I do that or try and fix the anemone the green one is a very tiny one almost smaller then a 50 cent coin

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The store said they can replace it with another anemone but it’s a green anemone and it’s a lot smaller should I do that or try and fix the anemone the green one is a very tiny one almost smaller then a 50 cent coin
Personally, I'd try to save the rose BTA. Maybe they will give you another week to decide. By then, it should be looking better.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I'd try to save the rose BTA. Maybe they will give you another week to decide. By then, it should be looking better.
I took it back and got 3 massive soft corals because I didn’t want to risk it and I already had a anemone in the tank that will grow Ehat are these star looking things on my coral I’ll pet photo soon

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back