Anemone foot is ripped

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought another anemone today and it was really open and nice in the tank in the shop with the other anemones I brought they atached to the bag but I wasn’t to worried when I was putting it in the tank I got a closer look and his foot looked ripped and I tried watching it but it didn’t atach but it’s wedged in like Abit of rock now and is deflated a little bit I’m not sure if it’s atached or not but his foot looked ripped and now it’s deflated what can I do it’s been in the tank for about 30 minute's should I just give it time
IMG_4375.jpeg
IMG_4374.jpeg

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just give it time. It was just moved to a new tank so it take a bit of time to adjust.
I agree. Give it time. Watch it closely of course but give it time. Can you get a top down picture under white lighting by chance? I’d think that if the foot was truly torn that the nem would be gaping, possibly, probably even, expelling its mesentarial filaments.

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on that. Can't tell from the picture. When you purchased from the store did they pry it off a rock or something? I feel like the foot should not be ripped unless there was some force applied to it.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it’s foots ripped or it’s just being a baby it’s foot didnt look the best when I put him in but it wasn’t like really bad
A lot of times a nem that’s just been moved will deflate and inflate in order to perform an internal water change. That’s normal. I certainly don’t know for sure but I’m pretty certain its foot is fine. The fact that it was able to wedge itself in place is a great sign.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Give it time. Watch it closely of course but give it time. Can you get a top down picture under white lighting by chance? I’d think that if the foot was truly torn that the nem would be gaping, possibly, probably even, expelling its mesentarial filaments.
You can’t really see the mouth but I can get a photo from the top and you can see part of the foot it looks like it is torn Abit but the part we’re you can’t see the foot looks perfectly fine
IMG_4377.jpeg
IMG_4380.jpeg

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it. There's literally nothing you can do. And anything you do will just irritate it more.
Ok I’ll leave it in the spot and it’s not atached I moved it to a better spot we’re it will stay and not move and get blown around the tank hopfully it will recover

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t really see the mouth but I can get a photo from the top and you can see part of the foot it looks like it is torn Abit but the part we’re you can’t see the foot looks perfectly fine
IMG_4377.jpeg
IMG_4380.jpeg
It looks like it’s inflating some. I also see bubbles. I think your nem will be fine.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it’s inflating some. I also see bubbles. I think your nem will be fine.
Just turned the lights of because it’s almost time for them to go out and looked at it before I am going to leave I for the night and j saw it’s mouth and it is opened Abit but I’ll leave it and update in the morning
IMG_4385.jpeg
IMG_4383.jpeg
IMG_4382.jpeg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it’s foots ripped or it’s just being a baby it’s foot didnt look the best when I put him in but it wasn’t like really bad

I didn't see any pictures of the foot.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see any pictures of the foot.
So half of his foot looks really healthy and the other half looks ripped in this photo here its not the best but you can see the side of the foot that’s ripped I’m preety sure this was photo when i just put it in the tank
IMG_4378.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back