Ancora Nursing Project

Piotrek

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

Yesterday I bought a big Ancora coral in a very bad shape. I'll do my best to nurse it back to health. I bought it locally and knew it's condition, so no one ripped me off.

After the purchase and acclimation I dipped it in Aqua Forest dip.

I have a place in mind I'd like it to be once it recovers (if that ever happens), but for starters I placed it on the bottom of my tank in relatively low light (less then 150PAR) and low to medium constant flow. My idea is to let it be for a few days, then start feeding it powder food every 3 days in small amounts.

I'll update weekly, in case some is interested. Nursing suggestions welcome :)



initial.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new