Ancora Nursing Project

Piotrek

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Messages
43
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

Yesterday I bought a big Ancora coral in a very bad shape. I'll do my best to nurse it back to health. I bought it locally and knew it's condition, so no one ripped me off.

After the purchase and acclimation I dipped it in Aqua Forest dip.

I have a place in mind I'd like it to be once it recovers (if that ever happens), but for starters I placed it on the bottom of my tank in relatively low light (less then 150PAR) and low to medium constant flow. My idea is to let it be for a few days, then start feeding it powder food every 3 days in small amounts.

I'll update weekly, in case some is interested. Nursing suggestions welcome :)



initial.jpg
 
Sounds like it went through the ringer on the way to this tank. Hopefully nutrient levels appear to be replete maybe with numbers something like ≥ 5 ppm NO3 and ≥ 0.10 ppm PO4. Also hopefully there's good, strong flow.

Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new