Anemone Growth?

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey I am curious as to how my Anemone is growing. I got a single Red Bubble Tip Anemone about 5-6 months ago and it has since about doubled in size and split. I have never fed it or touched it. What can I do to increase their growth, but also I would like them to keep their "bubble tips" instead of getting long and losing the bubble in their tentacles.

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
So btas are just weird that’s all. they do their own thing they are fast growers I usually mix up some mysis in a cup and spray softly with a turkey baster once a week or when I see their long and stringy like you mentioned sign of hunger they split when their stressed to have a better chance of survival and split when they are super happy so in short they do what they do lol that’s my thought

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey I am curious as to how my Anemone is growing. I got a single Red Bubble Tip Anemone about 5-6 months ago and it has since about doubled in size and split. I have never fed it or touched it. What can I do to increase their growth, but also I would like them to keep their "bubble tips" instead of getting long and losing the bubble in their tentacles.
there really are no growth foods or anything but feeding them regularly and daily will encourage faster growth
Mine have gotten large with little feeding as they get a meal everytime I feed

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really want them to grow fast, feed them every third day. The more you feed the faster they grow. Of course you cannot not feed it a shark. Too much food and it will not be able to digest the food. That is the down side of feeding, that and run out of room.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back