Anemone help. I know... very original

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here he is this morning.
He is hiding from to much light. Nems that are not doing well need less light.

Here below are my rbta I raise and sell, They are currently on 10% B and 1% W with chinese lights similar to yours

If you cant get him into an established tank, large water changes will help lower the water making it sick.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nem n c.jpg

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then one detached and hit the powerhead
I had that happen once, it made about 20 babies that way, each piece will grow into a new one once you get your tank more established. If your in northern ca let me know later when your tank is established and ill give you a few. The other may be hiding from to much intensity, turn those down they are strong and thats why it detached from the rock to get away from light

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah even with those lights 80% whites sounds overkill, 80% blue sure. I’m only at 15% white on my photon since I’ve got some red ogo in the display. A lot more shallow than a 150 though, just a standard 30.

How many of those are you running over your 150? Only information they don’t give on that light is wattage on each bulb, either way acclimate them slowly to the light intensity you want to run.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I get my nitrates up?
Thats the last thing you want, your tank cant handle the bio load it has now, and this horse crap about adding nitrates is a noob thing that has only been popular for about 5 years.

You see those pics above? that is from perfect water with no detectable nitrates or phosphates, low nitrates is not your problem. Do my RBTAs look starved for nitrates. Terrible advise.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only information they don’t give on that light is wattage on each bulb,
You will find by wattage used and amount of leds, and knowing what s being produced now a days, they are 3W led chips

My 210G tank 30" deep, and at 10% B and 1 % W my rbta are thriving and splitting like crazy.

3W are strong and car fry coraL, even B If I were OP id run them down to 30 B and 5 % W and try that for a while

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will find by wattage used and amount of leds, and knowing what s being produced now a days, they are 3W led chips

My 210G tank 30" deep, and at 10% B and 1 % W my rbta are thriving and splitting like crazy.

3W are strong and car fry coraL, even B If I were OP id run them down to 30 B and 5 % W and try that for a while
Good to know, I’ve been questioning if I’m running my photon light way too high but my lfs told me to leave blues at 80% and bump white up to 15% and red to 10% for the red ogo. Been trying to read around the forum to see what kind of settings everyone else runs with bta’s.

The guys at reefbreeders suggested bringing blues down to 45% maybe even lower so I’m lost, but following along to see what everyone else is running. A lot of back and forth information online.

OP
OP
JumpingFlea

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah even with those lights 80% whites sounds overkill, 80% blue sure. I’m only at 15% white on my photon since I’ve got some red ogo in the display. A lot more shallow than a 150 though, just a standard 30.

How many of those are you running over your 150? Only information they don’t give on that light is wattage on each bulb, either way acclimate them slowly to the light intensity you want to run
I run two nicrew over my tank, so I guess I will slowly lower the intensity of the lighting.
Thats the last thing you want, your tank cant handle the bio load it has now, and this horse crap about adding nitrates is a noob thing that has only been popular for about 5 years.

You see those pics above? that is from perfect water with no detectable nitrates or phosphates, low nitrates is not your problem. Do my RBTAs look starved for nitrates. Terrible advise.
Ok, no nitrates and more water changes
:)

tjohnson3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be doing a water change later today to try to help restore the levels a bit. I have a friend at my lfs with a 300 gallon established tank, so hopefully, he can hold on to it. Until then, what else can I do for him?
This is 100% the best option. Do NOT dose… tank is too new for dosing and is complete overkill on the bio load. A large water change will help “bandaid” the situation but only momentarily, as it will also wipe out the little biofilter you have built up. It’s really a catch 22… Tank needs to establish, nem needs to live. I know the first year is a pain in the a, and playing the waiting game absolutely sucks… but trust me ($1ks of $$$ later lol) the waiting game is worth it. Let your friend hold onto the nem, and you keep establishing yours… Then you won’t be able to keep the one nem from turning into hundreds… like @outhouse lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back