Anemone help!

Martiantomars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone help

Wondering if anyone would know what’s going on with this anemone (long tentacle) ?? it’s been upside down and deflated for a day and the foot is off the rocks.

Green carpet is fine as well as other corals and fish

Water parameters are fine besides slightly elevated phosphates which shouldnt bother an anemone

Salinity: 1.025
Alk: 9
Calcium 450
Magnesium 1300
pH 8.2
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
Phosphate 1-2

I have a QT and wondering if I should move this nem into there? I have been tinkering with the lights the last week and after leaving the settings where they are for a few days this nem has now become very upset

Pls let me know your thoughts

IMG_3888.jpeg
IMG_3890.jpeg
IMG_3897.jpeg
IMG_1446.jpeg
IMG_1444.jpeg
IMG_1448.jpeg
IMG_1449.jpeg
IMG_1447.jpeg
IMG_1450.jpeg

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LTA's are sand dwelling nems. They set their foot deep in the sand bed, often near the rock/sand interface. If you have at least 3 inches of sand, give it time to find its spot. Cover your power heads while it is wandering around.

OP
OP
Martiantomars

Martiantomars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LTA's are sand dwelling nems. They set their foot deep in the sand bed, often near the rock/sand interface. If you have at least 3 inches of sand, give it time to find its spot. Cover your power heads while it is wandering around.
Okay cool thank you for this response, I’ll let it do its thing and hope it finds somewhere it likes

Eddielg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any shrimp or any or crabs in your tank? I ask, because I had a BTA which closed up, like yours, for a few days. I caught a peppermint shrimp nipping at its body. I removed shrimp and anemone came to life.

OP
OP
Martiantomars

Martiantomars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any shrimp or any or crabs in your tank? I ask, because I had a BTA which closed up, like yours, for a few days. I caught a peppermint shrimp nipping at its body. I removed shrimp and anemone came to life.
I did have an emerald crab I just removed that I caught mowing down my Xenia, he may have went after this too and ticked it off?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get some background on the environment? How old is the tank? What size? What lighting? How long have you had the new nem?

OP
OP
Martiantomars

Martiantomars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get some background on the environment? How old is the tank? What size? What lighting? How long have you had the new nem?
The tank is 2 years old, 75 gal with a 30 gallon refugium/sump, 4 AI prime 16’s and I have had the new anemone for about two weeks, was happy wedged between two rocks when I put it in and now recently looks like it’s headed towards the sand, mated pair of maroon clowns trying to host it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back