Anemone hitch hiking on snails back

Richdant23

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Philadelphia
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rainbow bubble tip anemone that has decided that his favorite spot is on the back of a snail. Do you guys think I should try to get him off the snails back? Or just let him be.

290AD692-1EFD-410D-9D32-49740DC9DD52.jpeg
 
I have been in this same situation, first I would consider safety for the nem. Normally when a nem lets loose there is a high concern of the nem ending up in a power head that can damage it. Personally I would remove it from the snail and try to place it back on rock. If you do remove it from the snail don’t do it forcefully as you can damage the foot. Holding it in a higher flow area with direct flow on the nem should cause it to release in my experience. Always remember patience is the best thing you can add to a reef tank, nothing good happens fast.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new