Anemone ID?

Traviitrav

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2021
Messages
83
Reaction score
57
Location
Charlotte
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long shot, I bought this anemone on market place for $100 and the seller said it was a rose bubble tip - he’s about 11-12 inches wide, but I thought I’d get a second opinion!
EC34AFC5-4EE4-4FF8-961B-600858ACB020.jpeg
 
Rose bubble quite possible as they don’t always display inflated bulbs
 

Attachments

  • C14F12D2-F7A3-4C1C-95A7-46FBA0E42D47.jpeg
    C14F12D2-F7A3-4C1C-95A7-46FBA0E42D47.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 103
That’s the best photo of the mouth I could get this morning.
Can you turn the flow off and take a pic from the top down? I do not see any striations in that pic and tentacle spacing and texture appears to be very close to h. crispa

Here is one of my h. crispa for reference.

IMG_7856.JPG
 
Can you turn the flow off and take a pic from the top down? I do not see any striations in that pic and tentacle spacing and texture appears to be very close to h. crispa

Here is one of my h. crispa for reference.

IMG_7856.JPG
 

Attachments

  • 2A8B51DE-EB23-49E3-BFE3-5AC4D0E442D9.jpeg
    2A8B51DE-EB23-49E3-BFE3-5AC4D0E442D9.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 99
  • E6B4706C-28DE-4E7E-BD2F-21A1E957E834.jpeg
    E6B4706C-28DE-4E7E-BD2F-21A1E957E834.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 111
Do we not need a photo of the foot to properly ID? Ie presence of verrucae?
 
Do we not need a photo of the foot to properly ID? Ie presence of verrucae?
It would give 100%, but the structure of the tents, layout of the tents and the oral disk are a dead give away it is an h. crispa. Biggest identifier is the density of the tents. BTA are not that dense.
 
It would give 100%, but the structure of the tents, layout of the tents and the oral disk are a dead give away it is an h. crispa. Biggest identifier is the density of the tents. BTA are not that dense.
Are these hostable anemones? Anything I should be concerned/watch out for with these from bubble tips?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new