Anemone Identification Please

M3Dylan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a noob when it comes to anemone's and corals because I just started keeping them! (I've done my research but can't Identify too well) Anyway, yesterday I went to a LFS and I got a zoa frag for around $3, it was kinda their crappy throwaway frag section, but I thought it would be a good place to start. So I saw something that looked almost like an Anemone and asked what it was doing in there. He said that it's a small portion of a carpet anemone that got caught in a propeller of a wave maker. He gave it to me free of charge. It doesn't really look like a carpet anemone to me and to be honest, I was at one point thinking it was a mushroom.
WhatIsYou2 (1).JPG
WhatIsYou2 (2).JPG

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
It does look like piece of a carpet anemone if it survives and grows it will be was easily identified there isn't enough of the animal to be sure but it could be haddoni as small ones attach to rocks and move to sand as they become adults but with time and healing and food water quality it would be amazing to see it heal!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 45 39.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 59 51.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back