Anemone... In a science fair project?

0scarofthesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mandatory science fair project coming around and don't really want to do the same one that I am not very interested in for the thousandth time. So, I was thinking of doing "how does an Nem grow faster under the same conditions as another one but with a clown fish" I would do that to find if it is truly beneficial for the anemone although I already know because similar studies have been conducted it would still be interesting. However, no vertebrae animals are allowed so I might do another critter that is hosted by and anemone without a backbone. Any loopholes that you all know of to have my clownfish in the experiment or any other project idea suggestions. At school while writing this but might add picks later on to update you all. Thanks for the suggestions!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Anemone is host
Clown is the guest
Anemones utilize light for production of zooxanthellae which promotes color and growth
Regular feeding promote faster growth and leads also to splitting
They have a foot which allows them to move when needed

clowns will try a symbiosis with most soft and living coral such as Xenia, euphyllia, mushrooms, leathers and pipe organ.

Last edited:

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone is host
Clown is the guest
Anemones utilize light for production of zooxanthellae which promotes color and growth
Regular feeding promote faster growth and leads also to splitting
They have a foot which allows them to move when needed
Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any loopholes that you all know of to have my clownfish in the experiment or any other project idea suggestions. At school while writing this but might add picks later on to update you all. Thanks for the suggestions!

Hi! Reefer and science fair judge here.

I think that it's worth it to explore other reefing related science fair projects that are better suited to a science fair.

A good science fair project should involve a question, a hypothesis, an experimental design that can be executed with quantitative readouts and replicates, and a set of results that can be clearly interpreted.

I've seen some nice projects about tank cycling that I think work extremely well.

There was a nice thread about this a while back posted by another student in a similar situation: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-science-fair-project-ideas.860896/

Back