Anemone Infection Treatment

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an anemone with a clear bacterial infection. I need a solution to treat the anemone ASAP before my CSB gets worse. Any suggestions are awesome! Looking for solutions to bacterial infections in anemones!!!

Thanks!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have an anemone with a clear bacterial infection. I need a solution to treat the anemone ASAP before my CSB gets worse. Any suggestions are awesome! Looking for solutions to bacterial infections in anemones!!!

Thanks!!
Please post pics of anemone under white lighting for clear assessment before recomendations

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!!

An Anemone with a bacterial infection? I've never heard of this. Following along.

OP
OP
PBnJOnWheat

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you got sorted
Yep I just need to know where to acquire quickly, and what medication to treat with and the rest is settled not sure why everyone is more interested in flexing their knowledge. What sort of medication do you recommend and where can I find some pretty quick?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep I just need to know where to acquire quickly, and what medication to treat with and the rest is settled not sure why everyone is more interested in flexing their knowledge. What sort of medication do you recommend and where can I find some pretty quick?
Either a vet, or pay chewy for over night shipping for cipro.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do I have a vet approve cipro for my anemone? Is that exactly what I tell them? Sorry I usually don’t handle medications and the like.
I guess make some calls. Vet is the only way to get "now"

But sounds like you dont know any vets in your area, so out of luck.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know several vets just unsure of how they can approve a regulated drug to some guy and his anemone lol
If you know them, give a call, tell them whats going on. You have an anemone in critical condition needing treatment.

If they know you, they'll get you in. But when is another story and will cost more than overnighting cipro.

Nem is in big trouble if the tentacles are shedding.

OP
OP
PBnJOnWheat

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know them, give a call, tell them whats going on. You have an anemone in critical condition needing treatment.

If they know you, they'll get you in. But when is another story and will cost more than overnighting cipro.

Nem is in big trouble if the tentacles are shedding.
Thanks super super helpful!!! I really appreciate it and I will be contacting them right now!! Maybe I’ll just overnight lemme see what they say.

Will post updates later maybe lol

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know several vets just unsure of how they can approve a regulated drug to some guy and his anemone lol

Doesn't hurt to ask them.

I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of what this poor guy looks like.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back