Infected Anemone (Need Solution)

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have 2 BTA anemones and one is visibly sick with its mouth gaping. What are recommended SOLUTIONS/TREATMENT for bacterial infected anemones?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have 2 BTA anemones and one is visibly sick with its mouth gaping. What is recommended SOLUTIONS/TREATMENT for bacterial infected anemones?

Thanks!
Need some details first. Age of tank? Both nems the same variety? Added at same time? Parameters? Have some pics?

OP
OP
PBnJOnWheat

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some details first. Age of tank? Both nems the same variety? Added at same time? Parameters? Have some pics?
Split in tank, same variety, parameters are good salt might be a bit high but anemone mouth gaping with some guts visible potentially coming out. It currently completely deflated while trying to get a picture. Both are slightly bleached from moving around pretty irregularly until the last 2 weeks. Had them for about 2 months.
@Jekyl @twentyleagues
image.jpg

Last edited:

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First separate them. If it is an infection, you don't want to have the disease spread to the healthy anemone. Just because they are in the same tank, it does not automatically mean both of them are infected, but the longer they are together, the higher the chance of infection.
Then you need to start treating the sick anemone with antibiotic (if it is a bacterial infection)

OP
OP
PBnJOnWheat

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First separate them. If it is an infection, you don't want to have the disease spread to the healthy anemone. Just because they are in the same tank, it does not automatically mean both of them are infected, but the longer they are together, the higher the chance of infection.
Then you need to start treating the sick anemone with antibiotic (if it is a bacterial infection)
I have read on Cipro but are there any easy to access antibiotics that I can get TODAY with a prescription or proof of a horse

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Cipro not always an answer. It can be as simple as lighting, water flow, elevated nitrates or phosphate, and elevated water temperature

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back