Anemone Lighting

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light would be best for a 40 gallon aio cube? Anemone clownfish only tank and dimensions are 24" wide by 19" tall
Thanks.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of price range and mounting style do you prefer. And is the tank 24x24 by 19 tall?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, i dont really care about mounting style, and cheaper would be better, under 350

I would do either a kessil (a160we or preferabbly something like teh a360we) or a prime 16hd. Red Sea Reef LED 90/50 would also be decent. You could do a more budget friendly light though, such as an SB reef light, ocean revive, or similar.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the a80 i have says a maximum of 24" by 24", but is the tank too deep at 19" for it?

Here is a guide if you are looking to get a kessil

Keep in mind that anemones would be in the mixed reef category on that page

And side note: while I wish kessil had more violet, the shimmer is really beautiful. I have the a160we's at my work on a frag tank (as well as AI and Red sea lights).

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using an aquatic life T5 hybrid with the kessel or the AI Prime would work great I cannot remember the names of them but they have those new light bars or semi new LED light bars I think it's Reef Brite Aquatics would do very well at this job

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think ill go with 2 kessil a80's because i already have one
If that's what you already have and it's proven track record with you then I would stick with it. kessel a very good company and there's no reason to doubt their performance also if it's not broke don't fix it any castlelite you get will support and anemone tank the tank size and how many you need is what's the big question for you if you go to hybrid method with the Aquatic Life plus the kessels you're more than good

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, would my coral beauty eat my precious colony of cornbred money shot palys?
Coral beauty angelfish are usually fairly reef safe still use caution as each fish is a little different and its personality and what it does

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a true concern for you and I wouldn't try to figure which one you like more and talking to you I'm assuming I know which one I would separate them somehow or talked to a local fish store another hobbyist to might be interested in either taking adopting or purchasing one of the other from you sorry to say I know it sucks I hate getting rid of anything of mine again no just so you do know Coral Beauty Angels are fairly reef safe just use caution if it were me I'd put it in there I'd watch it for a day see how it reacts and then go from there

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not getting rid of either (I just got both) but for different tanks. Could the coral be fine in the anemone tank or would it be stung?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back