Anemone Lighting

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
AI Prime will work. It has a 24" x 24" coverage area.

Also note that the tank is too small for a clownfish harem long term.

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't really know until you try
Auto feeder, lots of BTA, good places to hide, and tank stability are keys to success

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only one becomes big (dominant female), one a little smaller, (dominant male) ,then the rest are smaller

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the AI hydra and my nems love it.
Before that I have used black boxes and also the varaspectra lights. Have not had an issue with those either. Just make sure they are full spectrum and you should be good.

For the clown harem..... I would not advise it in a small tank. Even the nano clowns will get up to 4 inches long. It might work at first, but there will be a lot of fighting. The female will become mega aggressive when she is ready to lay eggs

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am using the AI hydra and my nems love it.
Before that I have used black boxes and also the varaspectra lights. Have not had an issue with those either. Just make sure they are full spectrum and you should be good.

For the clown harem..... I would not advise it in a small tank. Even the nano clowns will get up to 4 inches long. It might work at first, but there will be a lot of fighting. The female will become mega aggressive when she is ready to lay eggs

Hydra would definitely be better than a Prime...but the tank is still too small for a harem long term. It might work out for 8 - 12 months but after that I'll bet the pair starts killing off all the others per usual.

Back