Anemone Lighting

Labora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you're better off doing water changes it's going to cause micro bubbles and constant adjusting

Labora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine has one, but you're going to pay a pretty penny. It's decent, I guess.

Labora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I had the IM Skimmer. It works. It took out the malachite green in my tank. But it needs adjusting and it's hard to keep it on either a wet or dry skim. It can also cause microbubbles.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct me if im wrong but if your feeding 5x a day it should still be the same quantity of food as if you were feeding 2x a day just split into smaller portions?

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for HOB skimmer, I use the Bubble Magnus QQ3 on both my 25g and my 29g. It is rated for up to 80g.

I've had them both for over a year and they still work great. They need to be cleaned every few months. Because they are HOB, your water level is critical to how it functions, however it does allow quite a bit of up and down.

Sometimes they struggle getting a siphon going. Pretty simple fix is you can either suck on the air hose for a second, or you can just plug it and wait a minute keeping it plugged. And if they get clogged and need cleaned around the airline, the opposite happens and it won't produce bubbles. Clean it, works again.

Skim type is easy to change, you just move the cup up and down. Higher = drying, lower = wetter.

I removed the silencer off mine and replaced them with small plastic tubes used for iv drips filled with co2 absorbing media.

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:
Im using the 40 breeder as the harem tank for more lr, bio filtration, and space
im putting the 14g into the 40 cube

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:
Im using the 40 breeder as the harem tank for more lr, bio filtration, and space
im putting the 14g into the 40 cube
If you want a cheap light that won't catch fire, has an amazing color spectrum go for the viparspectra's and you can make a custom mount on the tank for cheap and if you want better spread you can just remove the lenses. It also has built in timers etc.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%
Back