Anemone on frag plug

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an anemone that has stuck to the bottom of my hammer frag plug. I moved my two tanks and one of them is a small anemone only tank. I added my hammer to it and since the move the anemone has stuck to the bottom of the frag plug. I wouldn’t care but the little guy is strong he moves the hammer all throughout the tank. I can’t really message his foot because the angle he is at. Would it be best to frag the hammer and re attach it to a new plug?

Thank you!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an anemone that has stuck to the bottom of my hammer frag plug. I moved my two tanks and one of them is a small anemone only tank. I added my hammer to it and since the move the anemone has stuck to the bottom of the frag plug. I wouldn’t care but the little guy is strong he moves the hammer all throughout the tank. I can’t really message his foot because the angle he is at. Would it be best to frag the hammer and re attach it to a new plug?

Thank you!

Anchor the plug down somewhere in the tank and then point a powerhead at it. The Nem won't be able to drag the plug around because it is anchored. It won't like the high flow of the powerhead. It will have to let go of the plug to get out of the flow.

Back