Anemone Problem

ScionFRSguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stick with light feeding once a week. Try not to feed them so much because it takes a lot of energy out of them. I would try deleting your white, green, and reds colors from your lights for now until they've recovered more. And yes, LEDs are okay for anemones. Good luck to you.

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stick with light feeding once a week. Try not to feed them so much because it takes a lot of energy out of them. I would try deleting your white, green, and reds colors from your lights for now until they've recovered more. And yes, LEDs are okay for anemones. Good luck to you.
My clown took a big cube of food and gave it to them nem. It was for the whole tank and he grabbed it and gave it to the anemone. Lol. it was a chunk!

ScionFRSguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown took a big cube of food and gave it to them nem. It was for the whole tank and he grabbed it and gave it to the anemone. Lol. it was a chunk!

Okay hopefully everything goes well from here. Make sure they're being exposed to the light. They're going to struggle if left in the dark for long.

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered an RO unit. Maybe that will help. The anemone will tolerate the the Gyre pump. But since I have had it shut off the nem is more sensitive when i turn it back on

ScionFRSguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered an RO unit. Maybe that will help. The anemone will tolerate the the Gyre pump. But since I have had it shut off the nem is more sensitive when i turn it back on
I would definitely try mixing your own salt water from now. It's going to save you a lot of money and time. You might end up making better quality salt water for your tank. At least you can control the consistency. Hopefully, things will get better from here.

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely try mixing your own salt water from now. It's going to save you a lot of money and time. You might end up making better quality salt water for your tank. At least you can control the consistency. Hopefully, things will get better from here.
what do you mean mix my own saltwater?

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I started with the RO. I put 20 gallons of RO into each of my two aquariums. Going forward it will be RO.

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My big nem was doing well in my 120 even with tap water. Started adding ro. now for first time it is shrinking. dang

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the nem is settling in. Bigger nems just do better I think. I read that. My smaller ones are still closed or hiding. My largest has done well even with tap water from the start. The second largest has started to settle.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes takes weeks or months even for nems to slowly decline. Unless the environment is truly bad, you never see issues immediately. Tap water containing copper is toxic to inverts and isn't an easy to process to remove from the system. Copper sticks to the rocks and builds over time, water changes don't reduce it. I would get a reliable copper test or an ICP done to rule out any issues.

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the larger nems are ok. I shut off the wavemakers. The nems crawl under rocks when they are on. My largest anemone split in two and those two are sode by side. In the 90 gallon the largest nem has rebounded. The small in that tank doesn't even look like an amnemone (its closed). The small one in the 120 has hidden somewhere.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back