Anemone question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter iTonku
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

iTonku

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemone shrinks in the morning and stretches at night.
Does that mean my light is too strong?
Will it move to where it wants?
Or should I adjust the light?

I have a 40 gallon breeder.

6E73BE71-06C0-4C35-AFC3-B045D0FDDE90.png


5E439D88-ADB6-4F6A-AEAC-8084C2ADE0A6.jpeg
 
My anemone shrinks in the morning and stretches at night.
Does that mean my light is too strong?
Will it move to where it wants?
Or should I adjust the light?

I have a 40 gallon breeder.

6E73BE71-06C0-4C35-AFC3-B045D0FDDE90.png


5E439D88-ADB6-4F6A-AEAC-8084C2ADE0A6.jpeg
Hiding means too much light
Moving is too much water flow
They are photosynthetic and respond to light. Shrinking at lights out is a normal response
 
Upvote 0
Too much blue light in my opinion. I see that during blue light hours it shrinks and doesn't really want to move as blue light is everywhere. During the night, little to no blue light is seen and a bit of white is seen which causes the anemone to open up and take it in. Try switching the lights to more of a white schedule and see how it reacts for even a hour!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new