Anemone shrimp parasite

  • Thread starter Thread starter gonzo620
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gonzo620

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2018
Messages
376
Reaction score
617
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to put this guy in my rock flower anemone garden. Noticed the bulge during acclimation. Could I try cut it out or wait it out? Has anybody encountered anything like this?

Sorry if it’s difficult to see
 
Good question;Bookworm. I don't know if this shrimp will survive until the next molt. This Isopod likes to feed of the blood of other animals!
 
Quick research and manual removal is what just took place. Definitely something new for me. Hobby never gets old!
I’ll post an update on this tread in the future.
 
That's so nasty! Job well done. Any sign of eggs either in the shrimp or on the gross critter?
So yes looks like there’s something on the isopod. Maybe a baby one. Not sure what the little white thing is above but it also looks suspicious. Holding on to it till I can get my hands on my local clubs microscope.
 
This guy made it through the night! He’s seem to be alright! He’ll stay in the qt tank till I know there isn’t any more.
B005DDD1-5FA2-40E8-981A-4076E3B73C2A.jpeg
 
That video was amazing. I'd give you two likes for that if I could. You have very good eyesight and fine motor control! :) Also how do you operate your camera so well while doing that?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new