Anemone shrinking at night

  • Thread starter Thread starter John A!10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

John A!10

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2018
Messages
958
Reaction score
306
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 4” nem that I got about a month ago. It is very nice and bubbly during the day at night it gets small and looses its bubbles. The past two days it shrinks at night to nothing. I’ll try to get pics tomorrow morning. You can see one to two tentacles and everything else is engulfed in the sac. I’ll try to fin a pic online. I also need to test my params tomorrow in case somethings off but everything else seems to be thriving.
 
Looks kind of like this pic but even more shrunken up. Not hosting clowns. And I feed a small piece of shrimp maybe every other week. Haven’t fed him in a week tho. During the day he is very healthy if so can’t be light or flow.
1615776665145.jpeg
 
It's an old thread, but relevant to my question. We have the same issue with a similar one to the one above, but the one in my avatar photo never seems to draw up and is always active. The smaller one appears locked down on a rock, and the larger one, until recently, liked to roam around if you didn't position the rock just right.

Great site. Thanks for the ad
 
I've just found this thread, and wanted to comment that I'm experiencing the same with my new LTA. Since I'm a noob, seeing that LTA completely shrunk and in its sac is concerning. But reading this thread that it's normal behavior makes me feel better. LTA likes flow and white light during the day, but i turn off flow and lights at dusk / overnight because I'm not monitoring.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new