Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone was looking good
BC8BCEDD-B39D-4EBC-861E-07715EACEBD0.jpeg

Then decided to bunch itself into a tomato
2F0AE5AC-99D4-4343-9AFA-1F9F8391D395.jpeg

And split with each half running away to different sides of the rock
2D63FF0E-DFBE-4F57-B3A4-EBF5DB656CDD.jpeg

The problem is this was on the day which I normally feed the anemone so it hasn’t eaten in about a week (normally fed a single supplement soaked prawn).

After looking through some other forum posts they’ve said to feed it a few days after it has split, is this okay considering it already hasn’t eaten in a week?

Also any idea what I should feed it now, I’ve only ever really fed it full-size prawns before but now that it is half its size I assume I could feed it smaller food like the brine shrimp I feed my fish or smaller portions of prawn?

Thanks

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There should not be an issue with the time since its eaten last. I would wait at least a full week and a half to two weeks before feeding it to ensure both halves have proper healed. I just had a nem split about a month ago and just started feeding it this week since both halves have fully healed. As far as food options, i feed all my nems mysis and LRS, but you could cut the whole prawns into small pieces, ideally nothing larger than your fingernail (too much or too large of food will be digested too slow and the food will spoil inside the anemone's digestive system) and preferable more small food particulates.

OP
OP
sim2142

sim2142

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

As I was cleaning the tank the lower original one just dragged itself around the rock and split again ahaha
C75F770A-77D7-441E-9653-57E615D4C183.jpeg
it’s still attached by a little string to the original but now there is another one on the back wall of the tank.

Is a three way split normal haha?

At this point the original with the mouth just looks like a stretched mess of white jelly, they really did mean it when they said reef keeping would be different to freshwater.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back