Anemone Tank Questions

Daenion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to upgrade my nano tank into a nem tank.

I am trying to decide on both type of anemone (right now thinking of 1 ritteri, seabae and a haddoni) and clownfish type (clarkii?).

My main goal are nems however i would love to have the clowns breed as i am not going to put in any other fish.

What would the experts answers be for the following questions?

What type of non-bta nem would you recommend? (are the three I listed too much variety?)

How big should the aquarium be? (I was planning on a 60g display)

What type of clown would you recommend for the breeding aspect? (clarkii seems like a clown that will settle in any nem according to charts out there but I only have experience with ocellaris and percula which should be fine with the ritteri)

What type of lighting? (I saw some random numbers out there for 200-300 to 400 par. What would be a good one for them)

Should I be running a UV from the start or wait for it?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not an expert, but will give you a bump and my thoughts.

I think when mixing nems there is the concern for chemical warfare between the species so I would plan on running carbon (I think many of us run carbon anyway haha).

Aren't Ritteri (magnifica) pretty tough customers care wise? I don't know that I would be mixing one with other nems personally.

Yeah I think Clarkii are a fine choice, but if you are looking to mimic a natural relationship (i.e. a nem clown pair that would happen in nature) if will all depend on what nems you get.

OP
OP
Daenion

Daenion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not an expert, but will give you a bump and my thoughts.

I think when mixing nems there is the concern for chemical warfare between the species so I would plan on running carbon (I think many of us run carbon anyway haha).

Aren't Ritteri (magnifica) pretty tough customers care wise? I don't know that I would be mixing one with other nems personally.

Yeah I think Clarkii are a fine choice, but if you are looking to mimic a natural relationship (i.e. a nem clown pair that would happen in nature) if will all depend on what nems you get.
Clarkii was mostly because they are compatible with almost every nem out there for some reason.

I assumed ritteri was tough but about the same as Acros temperament wise. My main tank has been doing ok for some time now and wanted to give this nem idea a go.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back